Channel Pattern Detector

236dave

Active Trader
Aug 13, 2014
Hi Enivid,
Thanks for the indicator!

I am using MT4 - Does the indicator repaint at all?

I looked back on a h1 chart and put vertical lines at the end of the drawn channels and saved it as a template. I then loaded the template into strategy tester and ran through the past month. I found that the channels were drawn in different areas in strategy tester.

Does this mean I can't replicate live channel drawing by the indicator in strategy tester, or do a simple visual back test?
Dave

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
How did you test it in the MT4 strategy tester?

It should not repaint, but it may show different results based on: input parameters, number of bars in the chart, number of channels it will paint (it will remove old channels if you re-init it on the chart).

Legacy68

Trader
May 3, 2016
Hi, I downloaded this indicator and followed the MetaEditor instructions, but keep getting a "can't open" message. Can someone please assist. Thank you

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
What is a "can't open" message? Could you please provide more details on the problem you encounter with this indicator? Attaching a screenshot and letting us know your trading platform's version would help.

Legacy68

Trader
May 3, 2016
Did you copy iChartPatternDetector.mqh file to the same folder as ChartPatternDetector.mq4? Both should be in /MQL4/Indicators/ of your platform's data folder.

Do not have iChartPatternDetector.mqh file. Where do I find that? Appreciate the assistance.

Bitric

Oct 18, 2019
thanks for this indicators ,channel pattern detectors, and i see at videos is using channel pattern script and ea, how to get that ?