Can I trust an offshore broker?

darren greg

Trader
Feb 2, 2017
And why didn't you like oanda?

I traded with oanda for a few months. They were good initially. Execution was good .spreads were reasonable. But then weird things started to happen. Their spreads became widened abnormally sometimes even during the regular hours, No news-break! No event! Also they created a lot of problems with my withdrawal. Whenever I asked about my withdrawal their client support failed to provide me a valid explanation. I got sick and tired of their tantrums so I closed my account there. The one I am currently trading with has a good withdrawal policy. At least I did not face any problems with them so far.

Alexfx79

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Berlin
I traded with oanda for a few months. They were good initially. Execution was good .spreads were reasonable. But then weird things started to happen. Their spreads became widened abnormally sometimes even during the regular hours, No news-break! No event! Also they created a lot of problems with my withdrawal. Whenever I asked about my withdrawal their client support failed to provide me a valid explanation. I got sick and tired of their tantrums so I closed my account there. The one I am currently trading with has a good withdrawal policy. At least I did not face any problems with them so far.
What a surprise. Never heard about such attitude to clients from them.
anyway, I don't see any problem, in trying some other companies, just be careful :)

Alexfx79

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Berlin
Not sure if it fits in here but i replied because i find these offshore/online forex trading opportunities still allows many to make a good living out of it.
Maybe you meant that offshore firms are more liberal due to lack of strict regulations and give more opportunities? :)
it's ok man I just wondered what you were talking about
I agree that there are more bonuses and actions than with fca-etc....regulated ones. That's a fact
As for other opportunities, they are all the same, excluding scams which appear on the market sometimes. Like it was said in Forrest Gump movie, s*it happens. :)

forxprotrade

Apr 18, 2017
Hello alexfx,

I also believe that offshore brokers are more liberal as they are not regulated and can provide you those trading conditions which are generally not provided by the regulated ones like higher leverage, no restrictions on hedging or scalping etc. it’s just you need to be very careful when choosing the right one for you. You can read their reviews on different forums and test their live accounts with small deposits as well.

Alexfx79

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Berlin
Hello alexfx,

I also believe that offshore brokers are more liberal as they are not regulated and can provide you those trading conditions which are generally not provided by the regulated ones like higher leverage, no restrictions on hedging or scalping etc. it’s just you need to be very careful when choosing the right one for you. You can read their reviews on different forums and test their live accounts with small deposits as well.

I was not talking about regulated or unregulated brokers, as I wrote about only regulated ones.
The difference between them is only in regulatory authorities that can be onshore and offshore

fuelaranfast

Mar 28, 2017
I do not believe in offshore brokers, as a rule they all scam.
Since there are many brokers in the world, then in discarding all offshore companies, you will have a choice.

JohnyIve

Trader
Feb 11, 2018
I know that Amarkets with offshore registration and he provides really profitable conditions for trading and also FinaCom regulated. I guess a lot of brokers have offshore registration and this is not an indication that this broker is a liar.