Can I really learn forex with DEMO

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
100% trading a small account live was biggest learning curve and controlling the emotion that you just cant replicate on demo!

That would be really a great choice; because, you’ll not get the exact scenario by using big virtual trading equity!

SymphonyTrading

Active Trader
Sep 9, 2019
Demo trade for a little while to learn the platforms (DOM, Charting) and get comfortable with one system... but not too comfortable because, you don't want to stay on demo for too long because there are NO consequences. If you trade on a demo for too long and you have never traded live, you'll be like a deer in headlights and you will get slammed once going live. I would also recommend once going live to start small; small account and 1 lots because trading live is the best teacher and there will be more lessons to be learned. When you are discipline and consistent with your system then you can go bigger.

walpants

Trader
Feb 10, 2019
yes but you cannot learn the emotional side of trading using demo, i say master the basics on demo then switch to a small live with 0.01 lots to understand the emotions involved

Baazex

Trader
Oct 28, 2019
yes you can ;earn with demo account but its not realistic because in demo account you are not trading with real money and you cannot feel the loss risk much in demo account.

abhay236

Trader
Mar 16, 2020
India
Yes you can.
But i advice that before using a real account, the demo should reflect the same amount and leverage you would use for the real account so that you make the switch well prepared.

So use the demo tool just to know what trading it and how the live trading looks like but do not trade the same way you do in the demo ?

On demo you get filled , on live you get 50 re quotes, broker suspends mt4

pippin

Trader
Jul 16, 2019
Depends on what do you mean by learning in demo. Platform use - yes, coding yes, developing trading strategy probably no, because MT4 tick data sucks. You have to look for alternative sources to obtain data necessary for analysis and developing trading strategy based on it.

Lukacs88

Trader
Mar 11, 2020
New traders tend to jump in and start trading anything that looks like it moves. They will usually use high leverage and trade randomly in both directions, usually leading to loss of money.

• 👍
Reactions: Kingston
New traders tend to jump in and start trading anything that looks like it moves. They will usually use high leverage and trade randomly in both directions, usually leading to loss of money.

so do older traders

Kingston

Trader
Mar 20, 2020
True. High leverage can be really dangerous. Better to use moderate leverage only.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
you can learn the basics, get the hang of things, mostly there is little difference for starters, but its actually different. just be smart if you are new to forex and adjust your transition as you go on, i remember doing demo for like 6 months before depositing my first capital at hotforex. didnt go well but i still continued, 8 years later im still trading.

yeneffer

Banned
Mar 30, 2020
To me, demo helps me to improve better with understanding how the platform works in such a way. It allows me to grow and learn a lesson from mistake.

Marco James

Trader
Mar 20, 2020
To me, demo helps me to improve better with understanding how the platform works in such a way. It allows me to grow and learn a lesson from mistake.
That's nice. Demo account is really helpful even after many years of trading i still used demo account to backtest strategies or try out new methodologies.

• 👍
Reactions: yeneffer
Mar 30, 2020
Alot of people ask this question often if they can actually learn to trade the forex market with demo account.

Well the truth is, forex requires both skills/strategy, Psychology and money management.
Out of these three essentials, DEMO account only make provision for one and that is SKILLS/STRATEGY

With the forex DEMO account you wont be able to completely perfect the other arms of forex which are even more important than strategies itself.

In summary Learning forex can be okay with a demo account but if you want to fully perfect the fullness of a trader and beome a pro at what you do.

Then you must learn to go real as soon as you perfect a good strategy

For a start you can use a small balance and with time you can increase your stakes and gradually learn to become more in control of your funds and also your emotions

Cheers and wish you best of luck as a beginner

Swiss Capital doesn’t offer demo. As for me a demo platform is essential to understanding a broker's trading system and to check the actual quality of execution. The demo platform can be useful to see how prices and spreads vary under different market conditions. I couldn't be more right.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2020
That's nice. Demo account is really helpful even after many years of trading i still used demo account to backtest strategies or try out new methodologies.

Swiss Capital has no idea how important is to start trading on demo. As long as the demo platform behaves the same as the real one. I could be wrong...

Last edited:

yeneffer

Banned
Mar 30, 2020
That is also another way to take advantage of using demo account. Even I used it to backtest some of my strategies and see if it works or not.