Can Forex help you build a lifetime career?

ema watts

Trader
Feb 2, 2017
"Don't put all the eggs in one basket." That got you right.
But when one have full confident with good risk and money management, skills and experiences, they can rely more than 90% of source from Forex. They are obviously wise enough. Why not? There are internally different baskets in Forex as well.

good one. i feel you should go where your heart goes. if someone is that passionate about forex, they will surely develop the best strategy and skills and with experience he will weigh all the pros and cons of being in this line. then why not build a career in forex trading

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
good one. i feel you should go where your heart goes. if someone is that passionate about forex, they will surely develop the best strategy and skills and with experience he will weigh all the pros and cons of being in this line. then why not build a career in forex trading

That’s the story; if you are not comfortable with Forex then leave it! Because; it’s a very challenging job!

momo3HC

Active Trader
Feb 16, 2019
Definitely, i have seen few people who left their full time job for Forex. But this doesn't happen overnight it takes time, patience and dedication.
Exactly. All marketer`s get rich quick talks are crap but many people believe them. It`s all about dedication and patience.

Luis D

Trader
Sep 19, 2019
Romania
I personally wouldn't do a career of Forex trading, too risky. You can win big, but you can also lose big... It is a kind of "informed lottery" where you can have hints to guess which numbers will be drawn!
In my case, this is more of a hobby that is bringing me some side money

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
"Don't put all the eggs in one basket." That got you right.
But when one have full confident with good risk and money management, skills and experiences, they can rely more than 90% of source from Forex. They are obviously wise enough. Why not? There are internally different baskets in Forex as well.

But; when you are with a good trading skill; then you don’t need to concentrate on any other profession; since there have enough trading instruments to play with!

hakuna matata

Aug 3, 2019
Some people do choose forex as their lifetime career. However the whole idea is very risky since it takes a lot of time to understand these markets plus making consistent profits to sustain a life is all the more difficult thing to do.

pippin

Trader
Jul 16, 2019
Only 1 or 0.5% of all who started can make trading lifetime occupation. This share is constantly shrinking because trading is always a competition. The pie is limited and we have to get better at increasing speed to get a share of it.

Ann

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2018
Definitely, i have seen few people who left their full time job for Forex. But this doesn't happen overnight it takes time, patience and dedication.
I left my job for forex trading. Then I lost my trading account and again looked for work.

• 👍
Reactions: hayseed

momo3HC

Active Trader
Feb 16, 2019
I personally wouldn't do a career of Forex trading, too risky. You can win big, but you can also lose big... It is a kind of "informed lottery" where you can have hints to guess which numbers will be drawn!
In my case, this is more of a hobby that is bringing me some side money
Forex is way too far away form lottery mate. ;)

Ann

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2018
Oh; very sad! By the way; how did you measured the quality of your trading strategy when you left your job for the 1st time?
Oh! I thought for a long time what to come up with. I formulated my idea. I asked programmers for help and we wrote the code. Then I tested the trading system on charts. Something had to be redone and again turned to the programmers. In this way, though a good, but original and not very profitable trading system came out. Now I do not use it. Trading with conventional indicators turned out to be easier and more profitable.