Can Forex help you build a lifetime career?

Discussion in 'General Forex Discussion' started by SweetPrincess, May 18, 2017.

1. trad$lo9r

trad$lo9r Trader

Definitely, i have seen few people who left their full time job for Forex. But this doesn't happen overnight it takes time, patience and dedication.

momo3HC and BitcoinBen like this.
  2. Miller.d43

Miller.d43 Newbie

Yes Forex can help you build a lifetime career, but it depends on you that how seriously you take it.

3. ema watts

ema watts Trader

good one. i feel you should go where your heart goes. if someone is that passionate about forex, they will surely develop the best strategy and skills and with experience he will weigh all the pros and cons of being in this line. then why not build a career in forex trading

4. Ary Barroso

Ary Barroso Active Trader

That’s the story; if you are not comfortable with Forex then leave it! Because; it’s a very challenging job!

5. momo3HC

momo3HC Active Trader

Exactly. All marketer`s get rich quick talks are crap but many people believe them. It`s all about dedication and patience.

6. DT77

DT77 Trader

It's doable but not as easy as some would have you think

7. Ary Barroso

True fact; here more than 90% traders are struggling; so, new traders shouldn’t expect any easy success!

8. momo3HC

momo3HC Active Trader

That was my point for marketers which is "selling" easy dreams.

9. Ary Barroso

Yes, they are! They represent the market & profit with a wrong way; as a result new traders start their trading with an unrealistic target!

10. georgequayle

georgequayle Trader

Not for 99% of people

11. Luis D

Luis D Trader

I personally wouldn't do a career of Forex trading, too risky. You can win big, but you can also lose big... It is a kind of "informed lottery" where you can have hints to guess which numbers will be drawn!
    In my case, this is more of a hobby that is bringing me some side money

12. Ary Barroso

But; when you are with a good trading skill; then you don’t need to concentrate on any other profession; since there have enough trading instruments to play with!

13. hakuna matata

hakuna matata Newbie

Some people do choose forex as their lifetime career. However the whole idea is very risky since it takes a lot of time to understand these markets plus making consistent profits to sustain a life is all the more difficult thing to do.

14. pippin

pippin Newbie

Only 1 or 0.5% of all who started can make trading lifetime occupation. This share is constantly shrinking because trading is always a competition. The pie is limited and we have to get better at increasing speed to get a share of it.

15. Ann

Ann Active Trader

I left my job for forex trading. Then I lost my trading account and again looked for work.

hayseed likes this.
  16. Ary Barroso

Oh; very sad! By the way; how did you measured the quality of your trading strategy when you left your job for the 1st time?

17. momo3HC

momo3HC Active Trader

Forex is way too far away form lottery mate. ;)

18. Ary Barroso

Of course; it is! But the point is; greedy traders try to rely on their luck; and they rely on this type of terminology!

19. momo3HC

momo3HC Active Trader

Well, I can`t even call this types of persons "traders".

20. Ann

Ann Active Trader

Oh! I thought for a long time what to come up with. I formulated my idea. I asked programmers for help and we wrote the code. Then I tested the trading system on charts. Something had to be redone and again turned to the programmers. In this way, though a good, but original and not very profitable trading system came out. Now I do not use it. Trading with conventional indicators turned out to be easier and more profitable.