Lynda1985

Trader
Feb 17, 2023
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, and wanted to reach out to any members who may have some advice they may be able to share.

I have a custom EA I have written myself, and it works fine, however testing certain time frames such as backtesting over a certain week, or few days, or months for example, the results are a bit all over the place.

I've set the EA max trades as 100, but what I'm finding is that once I've reached the end of the backtesting period, the EA closes all open trades, and that can then end up looking like a loss, when in reality, if it had been going longer it would have probably ended in a profit. I think it may be due to allowing the EA to open so many trades, but wanted to test by maximising the opportunities the charts presents.

Is there a way to get round this, or is this just something that normally happens when backtesting an EA on MT4?

Otherwise, the EA performs well. Backtesting so far I've been getting some nice results 2-4 month periods on different timeframes M1 through to H1 drawdown 1.67% and net profit of $36k

Any help would be appreciated! :)

• 👍
Reactions: galih888

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Are you asking about how to make the Strategy Tester not close all open trades at the end of the backtest? But why? The loss would still be visible as a floating loss at the end of the test. It cannot just disappear.