ATR Trailer

ElectricSavant

Active Trader
Dec 8, 2010
This weekend gap was huge....did this EA catch any of you in the wrong direction? I am so glad I manually closed on Friday. Mostly weekends are not a problem, but usually I am not lucky over events that I cannot control and weekend carries usually cost me.

Well...If you do not know then nevermind...

Thanks anyways.

ES

I don't know if I will add it. What are those obvious reasons in case of this EA?

ElectricSavant

Active Trader
Dec 8, 2010
Is there a way to add a money management routine to this EA that does not have a decrease?

Lets say for example the trader wants a trade size of 0.01 per $150.00 of balance where 0.01 = 1000 units (MT4 Oanda using 1:50).

The balance usually goes up and down hopefully "more up" and "less down" ☺...but this money management routine that I am requesting simply does not divide $150.00 into the current balance and finish...it would find the high water mark and hold the value there and if it exceeded the highest value it would go ahead and update the lotsize.

Gosh! I hope I am communicating this thing succinctly. I find difficulty in interpreting what I wrote. The EA would probably need a reasonable look-back period I suppose (hopefully the High Water Mark remains recent). The user needs to be able to restart the EA without losing the high water mark. Does the global variable area of MT4 solve this problem?...or probably there is a better way?...I am not a coder.

MB

Last edited:

ElectricSavant

Active Trader
Dec 8, 2010
Sir...I need your help. I would not even know where to begin. You remind me of a professor I once knew. You seem to be a teaching type of personality. But I have no inclination to learn how to code and if I did I would ask if you were available to hire. I would imagine you would have me writing code in about 40 years...but unfortunately I will probably not live that long. I just made some lucky statements that you confirmed were right, but I would not know where to add chunks of money management code to this EA.

If you think this EA would benefit (I sure would find it convenient) from this specialized type of high water mark lotsize growth then please add it at your earliest convenience as I am living with this EA and it would make a great difference in my results. I do not backtest or base my decisions on such stuff. I am a forward tester of EA's that I like and can live with. I patiently wait for improvements and someday I will yield a consistent profit on an EA....I think this is the EA that will give me consistent profit. I like the way it trades.

Enivid, Do you like this type of money management routine on an EA that can handle it without blowing up? I believe this addition will make your EA really unique and make a nicer looking, upward sloped, equity curve as long as the dealer does not tinker...

ElectricStillDreamingSavant...

P.S. May you "ATR Trailer Traders" get your exits to wait long enough to reach the red dotted line before the green dotted line on most of your trades....(you guys that trade this will understand what I mean about the trailing exit and the various swings required ☺) At the time of this post we are squeezing up on ATR Trailers long trade. Go man go...(EUR/USD)

P.P.S. I have not lost a penny on this marvelous EA that Enivid has shared and is something that I can consistently build up with my extra money allocated for Forex Trading. I am trading 5K Live just now and add a little bit of money monthly without worry, like a savings account. So if Enivid adds this MM to this marvelous EA my lot size will be handled automatically and more efficiently as I can not be awake 24 hrs to catch the lotsizing in time for EVERY trade. Only certain EA's would be appropriate to use this more aggressive type of money management and I think ATR Trailer would be one of those EA's that would benefit. I say this from experience, but not as a coder by any means.

Yes, it can be coded. Global variables would save that "highest reached position size" when the platform is restarted. Do you need some help adding it, or will you try to implement that on your own?

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Actually, I do not believe that implementing this non-decreasing position sizing would benefit the overall performance.

PS: I am also quite surprise that anyone is using it on live account. My own demo tests showed quite significant drawdowns...

Karar

Trader
Nov 6, 2016
Hi Friends.
I am a new user of this forum pleas can any one guide me how can i adjust my ATR-Trailer because when i test it on my demo account the results is always in negative
So i want to change sell with buy and buy with sell pleas hep me
png file is attached Untitled.png

Karar

Trader
Nov 6, 2016
Sir i change lines but result is same ?? there is no changing in by sell positions pleas ....

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    21.1 KB · Views: 20

Karar

Trader
Nov 6, 2016
I see no video attached. I've just tried to test it with the change and it behaves as intended.
Sir here is the video link i just upload on youtube and jpg file pleas have a close look if i Chang buy order with sell order it can give 80% to 70% right i chang lines

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 2.png
    2.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 3.png
    3.png
    128.7 KB · Views: 22

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Sir here is the video link i just upload on youtube and jpg file pleas have a close look if i Chang buy order with sell order it can give 80% to 70% right i chang lines
You are doing it wrong. Lines 68-71 (four lines of code) should be swapped places with lines 90-93 (also four lines of code). Then, you need to recompile the EA.

Karar

Trader
Nov 6, 2016
Hi Sir,
I am very thankful to you for your cooperation i now i disturb you again and again but my problem is not solved yet.
now i am sending you a new video pleas have a look please.
and kindly if you send me code i vil be grateful to you.
i got sell on top of candle but there is no buy order ?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Yes, that's correct behavior for when you swap buys and sells places in this EA. Before, it entered a Buy after every Sell, and Sell after every Buy. Now, it enters Sell after every Sell, which results in sell-only trading. How else did you expect it to act?

Karar

Trader
Nov 6, 2016
Sir,
i already wast your time . i just want to swap buy with sell by default this ea make order buy on the top of candles and sell on lowest candles arias . so i just want to make order sell on top of candles and buy on low candles as i mentioned in screenshot
if you cant do that then its ok i am alwayes thankful to you

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 11