Are There Successful Female Traders?

ituglobal

Master Trader
Apr 17, 2013
I've wondered why most trading magazines and forex education website interview men mostly. It's true that online trading is dominated by men, but are there not successful female traders out there? I think women have certain innate qualities they can use to their advantage when trading. One of it is being risk-averse; which means that they take risk control measures seriously - putting safety ahead of profits. There are indeed great male names in the trading world. Are there great female (or let me say, humble female names)? Do you know anyone of them?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Of course there are, just because you are not aware of them due to lack of media coverage does not mean they do not exist.

BlindFA

Trader
Apr 29, 2013
Im sure there are. I've been trading for a few years and I couldn't name you one myself, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

Coverage in the trading world is pretty poor.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
humble women

Are there great female (or let me say, humble female names)? Do you know anyone of them?

hey ituglobal...... there are plenty.... a few that quickly come to mind are below...... there are many more......

linda, raghee and kathy have some of the best webinars on the net.....h

//----

linda bradford raschke .......

jody samuals ........

raghee horner ........

carol harmer .....

kathy lien ......

SailFX647

Trader
Nov 2, 2013
I head that women actually make better traders than men because the can assess the risks better. So maybe it is the glass ceiling that stops them being at the top

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
. So maybe it is the glass ceiling
//----

glass ceiling..... eeeekkkk.... forex is dangerous enough as it is......

my close experience with female traders is pretty limited to clearstation, etrade's now shut down forum..... i was invited to be in a private mostly female trading group there......

trading is my living..... i am on almost every trading forum every day..... i trade a lot..... read a lot.... see a lot..... but say very little.......

to sum it up, if i had to hire 100 traders, 95 would be women..... the remaining 5 seats may or may not be filled.....h

Emibluz

Banned
Aug 22, 2013
I've wondered why most trading magazines and forex education website interview men mostly. It's true that online trading is dominated by men, but are there not successful female traders out there? I think women have certain innate qualities they can use to their advantage when trading. One of it is being risk-averse; which means that they take risk control measures seriously - putting safety ahead of profits. There are indeed great male names in the trading world. Are there great female (or let me say, humble female names)? Do you know anyone of them?
There is no gender discrimination in the forex, just that there are more of men. But I was thinking those few women though uncelebrated are making it hugely in the markets. For one thing I learnt, women are more positively stubborn, you don't really expect them to just stop hedging (which is the best assurance a trader can get), stop scalping or follow this new poisonous FIFO rules regulation is almost suffocating the markets with. Of course I learnt many ladies followed their lovely brokers offshore, yet they are making it deeply. Why? They prefer the privacy, competitive (and cheap) forex environment outside as well as their flexible and even transparent services.

gerski

Trader
Nov 7, 2013
This may served as models or inspirations for those female traders or aspiring females who wants to enter the forex world.

CamDude1

Trader
Jan 16, 2014
There must be some. But almost all traders I have ever met are men. It seems to be something that interests them more

dalat

Trader
May 21, 2013
There is no gender discrimination in the forex, just that there are more of men. But I was thinking those few women though uncelebrated are making it hugely in the markets. For one thing I learnt, women are more positively stubborn, you don't really expect them to just stop hedging (which is the best assurance a trader can get), stop scalping or follow this new poisonous FIFO rules regulation is almost suffocating the markets with. Of course I learnt many ladies followed their lovely brokers offshore, yet they are making it deeply. Why? They prefer the privacy, competitive (and cheap) forex environment outside as well as their flexible and even transparent services.

this market is suit case for all broker . anyone can do it . although you are man or woman

Aby123

Active Trader
Mar 17, 2014
An inspiration, of course for a tradeswoman. It's good to hear or see that women also is capable and could be successful in this field.

praise

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
There are so many female traders out there, they can even trade far better than the males.

praise

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
There are great female traders out there that can handle trade better than the male traders. But it is assumed that only male traders can handle trade in a smarter ways than the female traders.

Kate

Trader
Apr 10, 2014
Ukraine
There is no gender discrimination in the forex, just that there are more of men.

Thanks for non-discriminating!
Yeah, you're right, all my familiar traders are male.
I don't want to say that I'm a very successful trader but I aspire to this.:rolleyes:

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Of course there are, just because you are not aware of them due to lack of media coverage does not mean they do not exist.

That is so true, Forex market is open to all! Even, I know many success Forex traders who are student mainly and how they are using this trading profession as their part time job! So, nothing is impossible here!