6 things to ask your Forex Broker

mumuy

Active Trader
May 3, 2013
Since there are hundreds of Forex brokers out there, one should be aware and vigilant in choosing one. However, there are certain criteria’s one should consider before one should choose a Forex broker. One vital thing is the spread, one should choose a broker that has a tight spreads; another is liquidity, since a broker who less liquidity will struggle in filling your orders thus, re-quotes will arise that will have a negative impact on your trading; another is filling of orders, this a very important criteria in a broker since most successful traders used pending orders and rarely fills an order at market prices, thus your broker should answer whether your pending orders filled at the price you entered? If not, then you’re in dire straits.

In addition, other key component that are vital in a broker should be address, like segregated accounts, you should ask your broker what bank they use and try to verify if their accounts are truly segregated or not. Furthermore, one should ask if they have a tradable asset, since a broker that has more assets to trade the wider the choices they have in order to diversify more currency pairs. And lastly, withdrawals, how fast are their withdrawal system.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
All valid points, especially the part about spreads. And on withdrawal, if a broker takes more than one business day to process it, they are just not worth it.

rrayne20009

Trader
Sep 13, 2013
Thanks for the valuable tips!I came for here for stuffs like this.I am a newbie and I really love to learn more about forex :)

lee.belisar

Confirmed Gdmfx Representative
Nov 7, 2013
Manila, Philippines
goo.gl
Since there are hundreds of Forex brokers out there, one should be aware and vigilant in choosing one. However, there are certain criteria’s one should consider before one should choose a Forex broker. One vital thing is the spread, one should choose a broker that has a tight spreads; another is liquidity, since a broker who less liquidity will struggle in filling your orders thus, re-quotes will arise that will have a negative impact on your trading; another is filling of orders, this a very important criteria in a broker since most successful traders used pending orders and rarely fills an order at market prices, thus your broker should answer whether your pending orders filled at the price you entered? If not, then you’re in dire straits.

In addition, other key component that are vital in a broker should be address, like segregated accounts, you should ask your broker what bank they use and try to verify if their accounts are truly segregated or not. Furthermore, one should ask if they have a tradable asset, since a broker that has more assets to trade the wider the choices they have in order to diversify more currency pairs. And lastly, withdrawals, how fast are their withdrawal system.

Thank for sharing this. I am a new Forex trader and this are very helpful for me. Looking forward to learn more from you about Forex trading.

gerski

Trader
Nov 7, 2013
This areall useful and helpful tips thank you for sharing.All should beconsidered especially those inadditional part.

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Nice post and I some really valid points. I think every trader should have the answers before deciding on a forex broker as they will impact your daily trading.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Most reputed brokers take a few hours to process withdrawals..so any broker who does not process your withdrawal request within one business day, pref a few hours, is not that great..

gerski

Trader
Nov 7, 2013
Your post is really helpful in choosing a right broker this are the things to be considered in finding a nice broker.

rrayne20009

Trader
Sep 13, 2013
How about the regulation of the broker?Is it very important that a broker must be regulated?What are the advantages of it?

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
On the letter, yes but when it comes to actual practice, the regulated tag is not worth the paper it is printed on. Quite a few regulated brokers dabble in shady tactics, and despite the complaints, they're still around..only a few got fined and that pretty much amounted to a slap in the wrist.
Guess regulation no longer holds any meaning..not in the way it was meant to.

lee.belisar

Nov 7, 2013
Manila, Philippines
goo.gl
Most reputed brokers take a few hours to process withdrawals..so any broker who does not process your withdrawal request within one business day, pref a few hours, is not that great..

I see. I haven't try it so I can really tell. Thanks for this information. I'll take a note of this. Looking forward to learn more from you.

lee.belisar

Nov 7, 2013
Manila, Philippines
goo.gl
On the letter, yes but when it comes to actual practice, the regulated tag is not worth the paper it is printed on. Quite a few regulated brokers dabble in shady tactics, and despite the complaints, they're still around..only a few got fined and that pretty much amounted to a slap in the wrist.

How is that? How this happen? Is this something to do what the law per the state or country? Or brokers are just difficult to be regulated since most do business via the Web?

John_Davy

Confirmed 1LotSTP Representative
Nov 20, 2013
Thanks for this informative guide. Very helpful for newbie like me. Do you have personal choice or reviews of reliable brokers?

lee.belisar

Nov 7, 2013
Manila, Philippines
goo.gl
Thanks for this informative guide. Very helpful for newbie like me. Do you have personal choice or reviews of reliable brokers?

Hello John. How are you doing? There are a lot of brokers out there. The choice is actually yours. But make sure to check the broker first e.g reputation, legality and so forth. I would like to share to you my broker . Maybe this can help. Good luck.

John_Davy

Confirmed 1LotSTP Representative
Nov 20, 2013
Thank you.

Thanks for this information, I check your broker and it looks promising, my friend introduce to 1lotstp. and it looks the same with your broker. any info would be helpful.

thanks

rrayne20009

Trader
Sep 13, 2013

I think being regulated means there is a regulatory body to monitor the activities of a broker and that body is connected to the govt.

So,what are trustworthy regulating bodies you can suggest?ASIC?FSA?

gerski

Trader
Nov 7, 2013

Its another thing to be considered in finding a great broker.Such a useful and informative post.Thanks for this.

lee.belisar

Nov 7, 2013
Manila, Philippines
goo.gl
Thanks for this information, I check your broker and it looks promising, my friend introduce to 1lotstp. and it looks the same with your broker. any info would be helpful.

thanks

That is great. You are welcome John. Still I'm trying a demo account. Its been actually more than two weeks now since I opened the demo account. How about you? I've visited the Web site and I saw that your broker also offers demo account. I think most brokers do the same.