How to control your emotion when lossing big

mumuy

Active Trader
May 3, 2013
Basically, its really hard to control your emotion, especially when your are trading, cause you tend to follow your feelings instead of your trading plan.

Emibluz

Banned
Aug 22, 2013
It is not really easy to say practically. I remember losing big; it was very frustrating- what made it worse was the fact that I was not really responsible for this loss. My broker ignored my stop loss and the trades swept pass it without my broker executing it...it was very bad especially for the fact that this broker was regulated and were not supposed to scam, yet he did; then I hear traders say licensed brokers could be better than those offshore.

milornld

Trader
Aug 27, 2018
new york
Ways to control emotions when trading

- Know Your Limits
- Don't Miss The Facts
- Treat it as a Business
- Take Breaks in Between Trades
- Don’t React Out of Anger
- Concentrate on Your Trading Strategy
- Avoid Holding onto Trades for Too Long
- Only Use Speculative Money

J_C_Anderson

Trader
Aug 15, 2018
The first important ideas is to close all wrong positions without any hope "it might get back, I`m sure".
The second idea is to forget about the money and just execute your plan. Those numbers in your platform are only numbers.

epicresearch

Trader
Jul 18, 2018
Malaysia
Dont worry to much because this market is totally depend up and down profit and loss. if some time occur big loss not take it very serious only wait and watch stock or right movement. Holding is also a option to control your emotion. .

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Dont worry to much because this market is totally depend up and down profit and loss. if some time occur big loss not take it very serious only wait and watch stock or right movement. Holding is also a option to control your emotion. .

I got your point. But, having a good trading skill is important too. If you are trading with an ordinary trading skill, then nothing will happen (good moves). That’s the reality.