Martingale Trading System

fxp

Banned
Oct 1, 2009
Deadly risky - all traders should stay away from martingale systems, as they are a sure recipe to destroy your account.

Hooya

Master Trader
Jul 14, 2009
I totally agree fxp.

They are rediculously risky. I have seen a few trades done on fixed odds using martingale system but you have to have big balance and nerve of steel. Also you have to make sure you can trade every trade. If you missed a trade because of site going down/delayed fill you suddenly are in a losing position when technically you sould be out in a profit.

Its a silly way to trade imo.

Jajaofopobo

Trader
Sep 6, 2021
Yes, I've traded this strategy both manually and on EA and yes it's risky. And I don't recommend anyone else use Martingale strategies. I offer this system just for educational purposes.

can the martingale be tweaked as a way of risk management like this:

When price has reached your POI and you activate the system with a definite large lot size and a large definite stop loss, It keeps on doubling the position until it is out of the POI zone and all closes. The system calculates the initial lot size to use, the multplying lotsize factor (from your inputed lot size and the POI zone range).

Just writing my thoughts out after reading your article on it. Is such feasible?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
can the martingale be tweaked as a way of risk management like this:

When price has reached your POI and you activate the system with a definite large lot size and a large definite stop loss, It keeps on doubling the position until it is out of the POI zone and all closes. The system calculates the initial lot size to use, the multplying lotsize factor (from your inputed lot size and the POI zone range).

Just writing my thoughts out after reading your article on it. Is such feasible?
What is POI?

Randy White

Active Trader
Sep 24, 2014
Hey

wanna add my 5 cents here. I'm using (actually, rare - I'm not big fan of Martingale or Grid) GM tool
([URL deleted] eliteit4u - free tool)

It allows you to set parameters fro GRID or Martingale (if you add multiplayer). Both ideas in one
tool and easy to manage it all. Take a look, much easier to do all these things on auto, based on your
needs.

chart_examplegm1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Jajaofopobo

Trader
Sep 6, 2021
@Jajaofopobo Then I don't understand how it might work. Basically, you would need to increase the trade size whenever the price is going against you. Any runaway trend would wipe an account employing such
What i mean is using the martingale strategy between your zone. for example, i input the start here and stop here price level from the pics below and my lot size(e.g 1.0) i want to use on the EA with a multiplier (pips).....and when price gets to the "start here" price level, it calculates based on the red box range and multiplier and assigns a fraction of the lot size and when price moves towards the "stop here" price level, it keeps on adding fractions of the inputted lot size until it gets to the stop here and Stops. all fractions having the same stoploss which is the stop here price level

If my analysis is right, then profit (on the total fraction it entered b4 moving my way)
if my analysis is wrong, less loss

Attachments

• Capture12.PNG
    Capture12.PNG
    17.5 KB · Views: 9
  • ca111.PNG
    ca111.PNG
    19 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Fried_Rice

Active Trader
Aug 30, 2021
I blew a few accounts in the early days using martingale. It goes great in choppy markets, but as soon as a strong trend takes off, it can be game over

Flophouse

Mar 22, 2022
I blew a few accounts in the early days using martingale. It goes great in choppy markets, but as soon as a strong trend takes off, it can be game over
I too find martingale trading strategy very risky as in this strategy we increase the allocated amount even if the value is dropping. I consider it gambling.