What to do after losing in trading?

mumuy

Active Trader
May 3, 2013
There are lots of articles regarding the success of trading in forex, however, when it comes to losses in trading there none to be found. Since, forex is a high risk undertaking, one should bear in mind that it involves risk and losses. The “how’s” and “don’ts” after losing big in trading can be a traumatic experience which leads to quitting in the long-run.
In my opinion, the best way to deal which this is to walk away from your desk or pc, since operating under this scenario can lead only to more losses. Secondly, analyze why the loss occurred in order to learn from your mistake.

In addition, a trader should make the necessary adjustment to identify the variable which was the proximate cause of the loss. And lastly, you should monitor the changes made and keep track of how they influence your trading.

Emibluz

Banned
Aug 22, 2013
Well said. Loss is not the only thing that affects us. Winning can also affect what we do. When you make profit, you will likely have a greater tendency to be careless. This could also lead to more losses as well.

David Train

Trader
Nov 13, 2013
I think that if you lost in trading you should analyse your results. Why have you made this or that decision. How was your emotions? Were you patient or not? many many things to analyse.
After that please change your behavior and continue.

gerski

Trader
Nov 7, 2013
I agree,this is a good step to do after losing in trading.Analyzing the whole thing in our trade will help us not to commit the same mistakes over and over again.We should accept our lose after trading and take this as our lessons to learn rather than taking our loss in a negative way.

Rob Taylor

Active Trader
Oct 14, 2012
UK
www.tradeforexmakemoney.co.uk
When you have a losing trade you should be able to understand why that trade failed. If you don't know why the trade failed, then you do not have the knowledge required to be successful.

When you have a complete understanding of how the market works, you should be able to enter and exit trades at the right time, to maximize returns and minimize losses.

com37

Trader
Dec 25, 2013
First off all you have to take it with a big hearth..get up right away..look back and analyse what you have done wrong..

rrayne20009

Trader
Sep 13, 2013
First off all you have to take it with a big hearth..get up right away..look back and analyse what you have done wrong..

Yeah,I agree.Take your loss,have a break.Then study and analyze what went wrong in your trading plan.Try to learn from your losses and come up with a better trading plan.

tonci

Trader
Jan 7, 2014
Losing trades are part of the Forex game. If you cant handle them you get emotionally attached to each trade and very prone to bad decision making.

mumuy

Active Trader
May 3, 2013
First of all well must be tenacious in all our dealings. Since, trading in forex is really hard to come by , we must learn from our mistakes.

miles

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
I guess after making loss in your trade, the first thing to consider is to prepare yourselves more than the way it was when you made loss. set up good trading strategy that will help you in trading and proper leaning is also required to bring out good result in trading too.

commerce

Trader
Jan 6, 2014
Einstein once said that there are only two things infinite: the universe, and human stupidity. Having quoted the genius, it is absolutely mathematically possible that there is a finite amount of mistakes a trader can make. Similarly, there is a finite amount of bad moves, or mistakes, that a chess player can mathematically make by moving the pieces on the game board. A trader also has a limited amount of mistakes that he/she can make, and by all means, the number is not infinite. Knowing this fact, a trader can then start to eliminate these mistakes as they occur. Each mistake a trader makes, must be corrected, and the trader must ensure that the same mistake does not occur.

saud100

Banned
Jan 31, 2014
I think we should not loose heart after loosing in forex. We should think about our loss and the try to avoid the mistakes we have done already.

dodo

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Jan 23, 2014
Good question here. We all know that forex involve risks and also rewards but our intention towards forex market is to make profit, not to lose. It can happen that you lose two or three times in your trade but it doesn't mean we have to lay back, we just have to put ourselves together and learn to come up with new trading ideas that will bring our winning.

volatile41

Trader
Feb 19, 2014
If i take a loss i do not trade afterwards even if i see an opportunity. I had the trendency of doing revenge trades and lost quiet a lot of trades due to that. Losses are part of trading and i made it a rule that i won't be trading if i take a loss.

KennyMill

Trader
Feb 18, 2014
Budapest
I tend to lose more when I'm tired. I analyse less and react more impulsively.

My routine after losing is getting a good 8h of sleep, healthy breakfast and I do some exercises. I find this clears my mind and detaches my feelings from the previous session.

If the going is bad, I take a longer break, read a book or watch a tv series, then I'm back at it again. :)

Afzal_TP

Trader
Mar 7, 2014
After loss in trading it is necessary that trader should find the reason of the loss was there any lack of planning, knowledge or money management skills so trader should improve their trading skills first.

dalat

Trader
May 21, 2013
when i lose i have bad emotion i want to get it a gain quickly . but i lose more. now i relize when we lose we can wait a next signal . it will help us get money again