M

mjackson

This indicator is based on volume and price (H, L, C).It is similar to Market Facilitation Index (BWMFI_Main_Window) which Enivid created for MT5 and MT4. CDRW is much better because it takes in aaccount closing price which is significnt difference and has alert on each of 4 signals...Hope Enivid will find a little time to convert it to MT5 version...I have this indicator all the time on chart. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• CDRW with alert.mq4
    5 KB · Views: 276
M

mjackson

I forgot to say that indicator CDRW was created by "thatwasme" from another website and another forum...Here is description/interpretation of signals by"thatwasme":

This is a indicator I wrote for myself.

It has 4 states.
I believe that a price volume bar can have one of 4 states.

1. It can have increasing spread and decreasing volume. This means that price is moving without strong participation and can not be sustained. Due to the lack of participation, the price is ripe for a reversal.
This is displayed as a Magenta Diamond on that bar.

2. It can have increasing spread and increasing volume. This means there is wide participation and price should continue in this direction.
A red arrow shows the direction down when supply is overtaking demand.
A blue arrow shows direction up when demand is overtaking supply.

3. It can have decreasing spread and increasing volume, which means that the supply and the demand are temporarily stalemated. This is a warning that the direction move may be losing steam.
This is shown by a yellow x on that bar.

4. It can have decreasing spread and decreasing volume. This to me means that the bar has little participation from anyone and that the market is dull or congested. I do not show any indicator for this, because it does not portend any information other than dullness.

If you can use it feel free to do so. This is from my own style of volume trading and not strictly VSA per say.

M

mjackson

What CDRW stands for?

Enivid, I have no clue what CDRW stands for...name was given by programmer/trader "thatwasme" in FF. he created a few more CDRW indicators (all are about volume)....He also coded Better Volume for MT4...

M

mjackson

I hope he doesn't mind me renaming it to SDRW, which seems a more appropriate name for an indicator showing Supply, Demand, Reversal and Warning:

Great and Thank you...Regarding the name i noticed the same by changing one letter would describe indicator...

I just noticed that indicator doesn't respond to false/true...Some signals I put on false and I still get alert on all of them...

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mjackson

Hello Enivid

I want to ask you if it is possible to contorol display of signals by code instead by color? For example if I don't want to display all signals on the chart I use color and set it to "None". Unfortunately it doesn't work as you can see on the picture: those set to "None" are now black...basicaly no effect of using "None"....So additional setting for indicator would have for each signal: Display =>false/true

Regards,

P.S. ...and Better volume for MT5....please :)

Attachments

• EURJPYWeekly.png
    EURJPYWeekly.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 154
M

mjackson

Here it is:

Attachments

• SDRW.png
    SDRW.png
    91.1 KB · Views: 149
  • EURUSDMonthly-SDRW.png
    EURUSDMonthly-SDRW.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 129
  • USDCADMonthly-SDRW.png
    USDCADMonthly-SDRW.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 120
  • USDCADDaily.png
    USDCADDaily.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by a moderator:

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
Hello Enivid
I want to ask you to add alerts from this indicator CDRW Alert(post #8): AlertDemandOn and AlertSupplyOn in BetterVolumeChartBars, to be applied on
Red(demand) and White(supply) bars only,same conditions as in CDRW Alert indicator. New alerts would be "Demand Bar with Climax on EURUSD M480" and "Supply Bar with Climax on EURUSD M480".

Thank you

Last edited:

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
Two alerts from indicator in this thread, SDRW_Alert.mq5 , post #8 to apply, add, code in this indicator BetterVolumeChartBars . Those alerts are as shown on picture: AlertDemandOn and AlertSupplyOn and to be applied on
Red(demand) and White(supply) bars only,same conditions as in SDRW_Alert.mq5 indicator.

Attachments

• CDRW-ALERTS.png
    CDRW-ALERTS.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 45

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
Why, what is problem to add 2 alerts? what is reason that you don't want to add 2 alert in bettervolumecharts indicator?

Frag8383

Feb 13, 2019
This indicator is based on volume and price (H, L, C).It is similar to Market Facilitation Index (BWMFI_Main_Window) which Enivid created for MT5 and MT4. CDRW is much better because it takes in aaccount closing price which is significnt difference and has alert on each of 4 signals...Hope Enivid will find a little time to convert it to MT5 version...I have this indicator all the time on chart. Thank you in advance.

Hi great indicator.

I use the same concept for using volume.
Could you modify the indicator for MT4 (the 1 on the first post) so the signals are real time instead of at the end of the bar?

Thanks
Kind regards

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi great indicator.

I use the same concept for using volume.
Could you modify the indicator for MT4 (the 1 on the first post) so the signals are real time instead of at the end of the bar?

Thanks
Kind regards

Here it is, but you should expect lots of false signals and alerts.

Attachments

• CDRW with alert no wait.mq4
    5 KB · Views: 15