Michelx

Trader
Mar 11, 2021
Hi, First of all, thanks for sharing so many useful EAs and indicators.

Would it be possible to increase the "ATRMaxBars=XXXXXXXXX" parameter?

It is for historical study purposes. I use a copy of MT4 without internet connection, so that MT4 runs smoothly.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, First of all, thanks for sharing so many useful EAs and indicators.

Would it be possible to increase the "ATRMaxBars=XXXXXXXXX" parameter?

It is for historical study purposes. I use a copy of MT4 without internet connection, so that MT4 runs smoothly.
Yes, you can increase or decrease that parameter as you like.

Michelx

Trader
Mar 11, 2021
Sorry, it seems that you do not understand me. I would like to be able to add more than 10000. I checked in the code "mq4" but I could not do it.

When I add the indicator in the chart with more than 10000, it does not appear.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Sorry, it seems that you do not understand me. I would like to be able to add more than 10000. I checked in the code "mq4" but I could not do it.

When I add the indicator in the chart with more than 10000, it does not appear.
There is no hard limit in the code for that parameter. If the indicator doesn't load after you change the input's value to 10000, it is one of the two possibilities:
1. The indicator becomes so slow to calculate that it cannot complete its calculations before the next tick arrives - in this case, the MT4 just interrupts the indicator, so you won't see any output.
2. There is some error. In this case, you will be able to see it in the Experts tab of the Terminal subwindow. Most likely, your chart just doesn't have enough bars.

Michelx

Trader
Mar 11, 2021
I got it to read more bars. Sorry, I had missed to edit some fields in the "mq4" source file.

Gracias por compartir la fuente.

Edit:
I managed to get it to a maximum of 26,000 bars, allowing me to see history from 2019 on M30.

If I want to increase it to more than 26000, I get the error that I show in the attached image.

If you could consider in the next version, to be able to increase this limit, it would be helpful??image2.jpg. This is a good indicator, especially since it does not repaint.

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I got it to read more bars. Sorry, I had missed to edit some fields in the "mq4" source file.

Gracias por compartir la fuente.

Edit:
I managed to get it to a maximum of 26,000 bars, allowing me to see history from 2019 on M30.

If I want to increase it to more than 26000, I get the error that I show in the attached image.

If you could consider in the next version, to be able to increase this limit, it would be helpful??View attachment 19451. This is a good indicator, especially since it does not repaint.
That limit is MetaTrader's. What you could do is to set the Shift input parameter so that to move the indicator's plot back in history (to the left) and check older data that way.

Michelx

Trader
Mar 11, 2021
That limit is MetaTrader's. What you could do is to set the Shift input parameter so that to move the indicator's plot back in history (to the left) and check older data that way.

Are you referring to this field?

image3.jpg

If so, it does not make any change when I add any number.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Michelx

Trader
Mar 11, 2021
Yeah, I've just tried and it doesn't work as supposed. I will try to fix it in the next version of the indicator.

Fantastic!! while I will be able to study from 2019.

And I wanted to ask, if for example I use the indicator on a M30 chart, do the additional MTF (H1,H4,D1) have any repercussion on the green and red lines? Or is it only for reporting in the upper left frame? I ask, because it seems that the green and red lines have no change, if additional MTFs are added, they always remain the same if other MTFs are added.

I hope my question is understood.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Fantastic!! while I will be able to study from 2019.

And I wanted to ask, if for example I use the indicator on a M30 chart, do the additional MTF (H1,H4,D1) have any repercussion on the green and red lines? Or is it only for reporting in the upper left frame? I ask, because it seems that the green and red lines have no change, if additional MTFs are added, they always remain the same if other MTFs are added.

I hope my question is understood.
The lines are based purely on the current timeframe. Only the table with the arrows depends is MTF.

Michelx

Trader
Mar 11, 2021
The lines are based purely on the current timeframe. Only the table with the arrows depends is MTF.

I see, I thought I had the other MTF's influence. What do you think if you add the function of marking the Green and Red lines, when several MTFs coincide? I think it would be more effective.

Aug 29, 2022
says cannot open file
Post automatically merged:

2022.09.01 12:38:55.997 cannot open file 'C:\Users\psand\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\B4465D2178C9DCD8E8CD3CCFEA8AA766\MQL4\indicators\MQLTA MT4 PSAR Multi-Timeframe.ex4' [2]

this was another indicator from here I tried

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
says cannot open file

2022.09.01 12:38:55.997 cannot open file 'C:\Users\psand\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\B4465D2178C9DCD8E8CD3CCFEA8AA766\MQL4\indicators\MQLTA MT4 PSAR Multi-Timeframe.ex4' [2]

this was another indicator from here I tried
Try compiling its .mq4 file via MetaEditor.