John Putin

Trader
Apr 3, 2020
Russia
Hello everyone. I'm new on this forum. i have been trading forex forabout 3 years now and recently learnt about Prop Funds and how they provide funding for retail traders like us. I never knew such an opportunity like this could even be possible where one can access funding remotely. But i do notice that it is not so common and some could be a scam but i dont know which.
I thought i should post a list of companies i could manage to find out in my bid to find one to work with. Any feedback would be appreciated as i do my research. Have you heard of anyone on the list and are they legit?
Thanks.

TopStepTrader
Apiary Fund
BluFX
Savius LLC
OneUpTrader
Actual Traders
Amplify Trading
Trader2B
SMB Capital
Blue Point Trading
Trade net
Chancery Lane Traders
Earn2Trade
AudaCity Capital
The 5%ers
Speeduptrader
Tradecontext
Fidelcrest
UProfit Trader
Try2bfunded
FTMO
LeelooTrading
Traders4traders
Maverick
Traders Central Fund

Last edited:

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
. Have you heard of anyone on the list and are they legit?
//----

hey john.... maverick has emailed me every week for years.... i can't remember precisely and things might have changed, but there was something about them that did not suit me..... might have been some 1000's courses for them to teach me how to trade.....
//-------

i should be able to fill you in fully with topstepfx before long..... their website explains it all..... it's a two step process.... you have to double your account twice with some loss limit rules..... once both steps passed both you will be funded....

they seem very sincere..... customer service is excellent..... equti is the broker..... there have been no issues....

step 1 took less than 2 weeks, with 100% wins..... traded full mini lot sizes.....

step 2 has taken longer, been in it 3 weeks now..... trading 0.01 lot sizes...... the trend changed on me 2 weeks ago, losses set me back 5 days..... i recovered and now only a 400$ from passing..... maybe this week.....

there was a reason for full mini lots in step 1 and micro lots in step 2.....
//-------

if you don't mind, let us know if you find someone that looks promising......h

John Putin

Trader
Apr 3, 2020
Russia
//----

hey john.... maverick has emailed me every week for years.... i can't remember precisely and things might have changed, but there was something about them that did not suit me..... might have been some 1000's courses for them to teach me how to trade.....
//-------

i should be able to fill you in fully with topstepfx before long..... their website explains it all..... it's a two step process.... you have to double your account twice with some loss limit rules..... once both steps passed both you will be funded....

they seem very sincere..... customer service is excellent..... equti is the broker..... there have been no issues....

step 1 took less than 2 weeks, with 100% wins..... traded full mini lot sizes.....

step 2 has taken longer, been in it 3 weeks now..... trading 0.01 lot sizes...... the trend changed on me 2 weeks ago, losses set me back 5 days..... i recovered and now only a 400$ from passing..... maybe this week.....

there was a reason for full mini lots in step 1 and micro lots in step 2.....
//-------

if you don't mind, let us know if you find someone that looks promising......h
hi hayseed. Thanks for your response. I appreciate it.
I have read about them from another forum but the commenter only tried their futures arm. he said he got paid too but broke one of their rules and that was it. He is no longer with them though, as he wasnt okay with their restrictions. How much longer do you have to hit the stage 2 target before your subscription expires?

As for maverick, apart from their site, i havent really read of any trader's experience with them so i cant say but one thing i know is that when our gut feeling tells us to stay away from something then we are better off obeying. I also didnt like the idea of paying for a course. I have been trading for years now and i have developed my strategy. All i want is funding not to pay for courses again.

When i find a good one i will definitely share. Thanks again

• 👍
Reactions: milo_of_ persia

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
I have read about them from another forum but the commenter only tried their futures arm. he said he got paid too but broke one of their rules and that was it. He is no longer with them though, as he wasnt okay with their restrictions. How much longer do you have to hit the stage 2 target before your subscription expires?
//----

hey john.... yes, topstep has some rules that at first annoyed me..... mentioned somewhere that it was like shootin at a rabbit why running thru a corn field...... they have lightened up on the fx rules some.....

my topstep test runs 165$ a month.... it renewed last week so i have until april 30, 2020.... if i have not completed, and not broken any rules, it auto renews 5/1/20 for another month..... would really be surprised if i didn't finish before then.....

took some losses again this morning.....

my risk tolerance is very low, even with someone else's money...... traders that are handy at maxing out the margin , would have finished already.....h

• 👍
Reactions: John Putin

John Putin

Trader
Apr 3, 2020
Russia
//----

hey john.... yes, topstep has some rules that at first annoyed me..... mentioned somewhere that it was like shootin at a rabbit why running thru a corn field...... they have lightened up on the fx rules some.....

my topstep test runs 165$ a month.... it renewed last week so i have until april 30, 2020.... if i have not completed, and not broken any rules, it auto renews 5/1/20 for another month..... would really be surprised if i didn't finish before then.....

took some losses again this morning.....

my risk tolerance is very low, even with someone else's money...... traders that are handy at maxing out the margin , would have finished already.....h
Wow. You are already in your second month. Sounds like you didnt have to start all over again? Did you continue from where you left off?

Well you could say that, but that is if the trades were winning trades in the first place. As maxing out the margin can also lead to being wiped out quicker you know.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Wow. You are already in your second month. Sounds like you didnt have to start all over again? Did you continue from where you left off?

Well you could say that, but that is if the trades were winning trades in the first place. As maxing out the margin can also lead to being wiped out quicker you know.
//-----

hey john..... once you double the first step 1 demo account without breaking any of the rules, you have passed and it gets closed...... then they open the step 2 demo account a few minutes later and you start trading in it.....

so you do kinda start over....

the maximum lots limit is 3 standard lots..... i'm more comfortable trading mini lots or smaller and trade only with the trend.....

in step 1, i hit the trend perfect...... step 2 has not gone as smooth....... my goal is to finish in 2 months..... it might take longer...... the recent trend changes have been whacking me good.....h
//-----
topstep 1.png

• 👍

John Putin

Trader
Apr 3, 2020
Russia
//-----

hey john..... once you double the first step 1 demo account without breaking any of the rules, you have passed and it gets closed...... then they open the step 2 demo account a few minutes later and you start trading in it.....

so you do kinda start over....

the maximum lots limit is 3 standard lots..... i'm more comfortable trading mini lots or smaller and trade only with the trend.....

in step 1, i hit the trend perfect...... step 2 has not gone as smooth....... my goal is to finish in 2 months..... it might take longer...... the recent trend changes have been whacking me good.....h
//-----
View attachment 15943
I understood you earlier. What i am asking is this, If i hit stage 1 and get to stage 2 before my first subscription ends but dont hit the target set for stage 2, do i get to start all over again or do i continue from where i left off?

I notice the change in trend. I too have not had it as good as it was for the past 2-3 weeks now. i hope you get to hit your target so you don't get to pay for yet another subscription.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
I understood you earlier. What i am asking is this, If i hit stage 1 and get to stage 2 before my first subscription ends but dont hit the target set for stage 2, do i get to start all over again or do i continue from where i left off
//-----

hey john...... you do not start over....... if your in stage 2 and your time runs out, they just bill you for another month and things continue on.... it does effect your stage 2 account in any way..... you can quit or cancel further billing at any time.....

my incentive to pass the topstep challenge is not most would expect..... h

• 👍

John Putin

Trader
Apr 3, 2020
Russia
//-----

hey john...... you do not start over....... if your in stage 2 and your time runs out, they just bill you for another month and things continue on.... it does effect your stage 2 account in any way..... you can quit or cancel further billing at any time.....

my incentive to pass the topstep challenge is not most would expect..... h
OK. This is a good one. You were specific about not having to start over for stage 2 but what about if you are in stage 1 and didn't hit the target before the subscription expires?

Also, im curious to know your uncommon incentive to pass? Bragging rights? Do tell!

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
OK. This is a good one. You were specific about not having to start over for stage 2 but what about if you are in stage 1 and didn't hit the target before the subscription expires?
//-----

hey john..... the subscription is just a recurring monthly charge until you complete both stages or cancel ..... if you do not complete stage 1 in the first month, you'll just be billed for another month and keep right on trading..... if you complete both steps within a single month, the total charge might be just 165$.... so there is an incentive to pass both stages as quickly as possible, but there is no harm or set back if you take longer than a month....

there are two obvious points that i'm sure you know, but some might not....

first, anyone attempting this should be convinced they can double their account twice..... they should have a rough idea of the time required in months..... then you can calculate the expected cost.....

second, timing can be imperative..... if your trading some sort of daily signal with a 3 week run time, there is little point in attempting the challenge until the day of the signal..... doing so will give the maximum length of that signal..... also you should know the signals frequency in days.....

and again, you can just think of it as a monthly recurring charge till you finish both stages.....h.

• 👍

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Also, im curious to know your uncommon incentive to pass? Bragging rights? Do tell!
//-----

hey john.... Natalia Orlova lives in moscow..... she trades.....

almost 2 years ago a very polite discussion in that link between the cableguy and myself developed...... about the possibility the article was true..... the cableguy actually lived in the ukraine...... he knew russia and ukraine areas very well....

i feel that my passing the test would in some way suggest natalia could do the same.....

my sole incentive is to validate natalia.....h

• 👍

John Putin

Trader
Apr 3, 2020
Russia
//-----

hey john..... the subscription is just a recurring monthly charge until you complete both stages or cancel ..... if you do not complete stage 1 in the first month, you'll just be billed for another month and keep right on trading..... if you complete both steps within a single month, the total charge might be just 165$.... so there is an incentive to pass both stages as quickly as possible, but there is no harm or set back if you take longer than a month....

there are two obvious points that i'm sure you know, but some might not....

first, anyone attempting this should be convinced they can double their account twice..... they should have a rough idea of the time required in months..... then you can calculate the expected cost.....

second, timing can be imperative..... if your trading some sort of daily signal with a 3 week run time, there is little point in attempting the challenge until the day of the signal..... doing so will give the maximum length of that signal..... also you should know the signals frequency in days.....

and again, you can just think of it as a monthly recurring charge till you finish both stages.....h.
Well explained. Thanks.
I however feel like i would be pressured to want to hit it fast and stop paying $165 every month (till i pass both stages) to trade on a demo and not have any payout at the end of it all.
Its good that the profits all add up while one is yet to complete any stage before the month ends but im just not feeling the fee plus the lack of getting paid for the targets achieved during the process.
One needs to really besure that this is for them so they see it through the period it would take to hit, which would likely be months.

• 👍
Reactions: hayseed

John Putin

Trader
Apr 3, 2020
Russia
//-----

hey john.... Natalia Orlova lives in moscow..... she trades.....

almost 2 years ago a very polite discussion in that link between the cableguy and myself developed...... about the possibility the article was true..... the cableguy actually lived in the ukraine...... he knew russia and ukraine areas very well....

i feel that my passing the test would in some way suggest natalia could do the same.....

my sole incentive is to validate natalia.....h
I've read through the thread. Thanks for sharing.
Your incentive is noble and inspiring. I hope you scale through.

Lima Ochuba

Trader
Apr 10, 2020
Hello everyone. I'm new on this forum. i have been trading forex forabout 3 years now and recently learnt about Prop Funds and how they provide funding for retail traders like us. I never knew such an opportunity like this could even be possible where one can access funding remotely. But i do notice that it is not so common and some could be a scam but i dont know which.
I thought i should post a list of companies i could manage to find out in my bid to find one to work with. Any feedback would be appreciated as i do my research. Have you heard of anyone on the list and are they legit?
Thanks.

TopStepTrader
Apiary Fund
BluFX
Savius LLC
OneUpTrader
Actual Traders
Amplify Trading
Trader2B
SMB Capital
Blue Point Trading
Trade net
Chancery Lane Traders
Earn2Trade
AudaCity Capital
The 5%ers
Speeduptrader
Tradecontext
Fidelcrest
UProfit Trader
Try2bfunded
FTMO
LeelooTrading
Traders4traders
Maverick
Traders Central Fund
Hi John!
Thanks for starting this thread. I have checked out a couple of them and it seems like some are old school prop funds where one has to trade in their office. I am checking them all out but so far i'm not eager to sign up with any as i see that they require me to pay money and yet trade a demo account without getting any pay out while taking their challenge.

• 👍

John Putin

Trader
Apr 3, 2020
Russia
Hi John!
Thanks for starting this thread. I have checked out a couple of them and it seems like some are old school prop funds where one has to trade in their office. I am checking them all out but so far i'm not eager to sign up with any as i see that they require me to pay money and yet trade a demo account without getting any pay out while taking their challenge.
Hi Lima. You are right. i wanted to create an exhaustive list that had both the old school and new school as i am making my findings. I am not yet very clear on what i want from a company although being in a physical place would rule out such companies for me. But i want to start with an open mind and narrow it down with more search.

timmyk

Trader
Apr 19, 2020
Thanks.

TopStepTrader
Apiary Fund
BluFX
Savius LLC
OneUpTrader
Actual Traders
Amplify Trading
Trader2B
SMB Capital
Blue Point Trading
Trade net
Chancery Lane Traders
Earn2Trade
AudaCity Capital
The 5%ers
Speeduptrader
Tradecontext
Fidelcrest
UProfit Trader
Try2bfunded
FTMO
LeelooTrading
Traders4traders
Maverick
Traders Central Fund
I am with BluFx. But i have also been with FTMO before now. I broke a rule and lost the account. This was after months of demo trading to get the account. I felt bad but it was my fault. Then i thought about it and it occured to me that i had been earlier against the monthly subscription of BluFX but tha'ts kinda what i had been doing all the months i had been with FTMO trying to pass the challenge, yet i lost the account during my first month after passing the challenges.

dotinah

Trader
Apr 23, 2020
Thanks.

TopStepTrader
Apiary Fund
BluFX
Savius LLC
OneUpTrader
Actual Traders
Amplify Trading
Trader2B
SMB Capital
Blue Point Trading
Trade net
Chancery Lane Traders
Earn2Trade
AudaCity Capital
The 5%ers
Speeduptrader
Tradecontext
Fidelcrest
UProfit Trader
Try2bfunded
FTMO
LeelooTrading
Traders4traders
Maverick
Traders Central Fund
Do i need to bring in thousands of dollars of my own money to trade with these guys?

dotinah

Trader
Apr 23, 2020
Nah. I guess you dont know much about prop firms. They basically want you to trade with their own money and then split the profit you make into 2 places.
Thanks dude. I have google searched some of them. Some actually have education with it and its pricey. Who would want to spend such amounts of money? Oh well.

finnik

Trader
Apr 24, 2020
Romania
Thanks dude. I have google searched some of them. Some actually have education with it and its pricey. Who would want to spend such amounts of money? Oh well.
Well, they are still existing so i guess a lot of people.Have you found the one you would want to work with?
There seems to be a lot of them to pick from.