Confirmed swing highs and lows

Jem

Trader
Feb 9, 2017
I try searching for Swing high and low indicator, but they are not what I want.

I want a Swing high and low indicator that does what this post http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=2945050#post2945050 describe.

With this way of plotting swing high and low it will not repaint. Does anyone has any idea where can I find something like this.

I tried using ZigZag and ZigZag Fractals. It gives me many wrong Swing point.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
hey jem..... got your note..... strat should have been able to code your request on his thread, but often people are really too busy..... rather than bounce back and forth between ff and here, could you just post some charts with clear definition of what's on your mind..... and try to be complete as possible in that post...... should be easy to code.....

it sounds like you just need the fractals indicator recoded in a manner that matches your specific view of what a swing high/low should be.....

the fractals indicator included with metatrader should not repaint except when running a backtest..... it will clearly repaint in a backtest only because the manner in which a metatrader backtest handles the 0 bar at it's outset.....

in normal day to day operation fractals should not repaint....h

Jem

Trader
Feb 9, 2017
hey jem..... got your note..... strat should have been able to code your request on his thread, but often people are really too busy..... rather than bounce back and forth between ff and here, could you just post some charts with clear definition of what's on your mind..... and try to be complete as possible in that post...... should be easy to code.....

it sounds like you just need the fractals indicator recoded in a manner that matches your specific view of what a swing high/low should be.....

the fractals indicator included with metatrader should not repaint except when running a backtest..... it will clearly repaint in a backtest only because the manner in which a metatrader backtest handles the 0 bar at it's outset.....

in normal day to day operation fractals should not repaint....h

Hi Hayseed.. Nice to see your reply here.. I went to strat forum, but they are not using any indicator for swing. I guess he is not a coder too..

I not a coder.. So Im not sure how ZigZag Fractals calculate the swing point. Golden line are ZigZag Fractals.

EURUSDMonthly Edit.png
n3U4ov

It should be something like this for this indicator.

When looking for swing Low.

Start with the lowest point and that bar is the Lowest Point Bar.
Look for any bar that close above the Lowest Point Bar.
Any bar that close above the Lowest Point Bar, Lowest Point Bar become a Swing Low.
If any bar that close below the Lowest Point Bar, that bar become the Lowest Point Bar.

So I guess the programming for this should be.

Swing Low
Locate = lowest point bar.
If break above lowest point bar = lowest point bar become Swing low.
If break below = lowest point bar.

Once Swing low is confirmed. Print a star on the lowest point bar.
Once we have the Swing low. Start looking for swing high.

Swing High
Locate = highest point bar.
If break below highest point bar = highest point bar become swing high.
If break above = highest point bar.

Once Swing high is confirmed. Print a star on the highest point bar.
Once we have the Swing high. Start looking for swing low again.
and it goes on and on.

blank.png
knvc8v