Binary Options Regulation

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I think binary options have been some of the most debated asset for quite some time. Most think they are a scam and true enough most binary options brokers do scam their clients. The marketing is even worse than that of forex brokers and some of the most misleading I have seen.

I have looked at several dozen binary options brokers and one thing they have in common, with the exception of one I can remember, is that they are unregulated. I have tried two binary options brokers myself, just to see if it makes sense for me to have a minor amount of capital at work there and one turned out to be good and the other one not so much.

I have heard that in 2014 every binary options broker needs to be regulated or they will be shut down. Does anyone in this forum know anything more about it?

I am just curious about it and don't plan to trade them actively, I keep my one account and place a trade or two every so often. I am not sure if anyone in here trades them or not. Please do not hijack this thread and talk about if they are scam or not as that is being discussed plenty of times and everyone needs to form their own opinion.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Some of the binary brokers are getting regulated by the gambling commissions (Malta, Isle of Man). There is also a US regulated binary exchange. Maybe we will start seeing more of the seriously regulated companies with exchange-like business model in 2014.

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Some of the binary brokers are getting regulated by the gambling commissions (Malta, Isle of Man). There is also a US regulated binary exchange. Maybe we will start seeing more of the seriously regulated companies with exchange-like business model in 2014.

I think that would be a positive development. I am not a big fan of them, just dabbled around a bit. Let's see what 2014 brings.

Emibluz

Banned
Aug 22, 2013
I think that would be a positive development. I am not a big fan of them, just dabbled around a bit. Let's see what 2014 brings.

"Gambling department"? I don't see a reason why I should care about Binary Broker regulation. This is pure gambling, where your success completely depends on luck. The rule of gambling is this "When your luck is high, You win big". "when your luck runs out, you lose big". So, if the binary broker is regulated, you are going to lose your money one day anyway.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
And it is 2016 now, many brokers have been closed. But still the most popular worldwide providers are on the top.
To be honest, not only on binary but also in forex some broker scamed and dissappear, but seems binary broker still much more still unregulated if compared forex broker

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
To be honest, not only on binary but also in forex some broker scamed and dissappear, but seems binary broker still much more still unregulated if compared forex broker

I don’t know; is there any value of regulated or non-regulated broker of options broker; since almost this sector is scam!

Uaredaty

Active Trader
Jan 19, 2019
I don’t trade options as they are very complicated to trade and losses might be significant. Also, I think that there is specific regulation in many EU countries that forbids brokers to offer trading options. It might be one of the main reasons why BO brokers are unregulated