Worst Case Script

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Can anybody please point me to "Worst Case" script.

Armageddon.png

If for whatever reason I don't have a SL in place or I just took my eye of the ball I would like to know my back is covered

Worst case = Market has turned and I am heading for a margin call :(

I would like a script to close my account at a pre set Armageddon level (my original stake) before the margin call

Least then I COULD start again and am no worse of - apart from time and pride

PS . . . Has to work in £'s and not Lots

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Should be an EA, not a script,
Probably why I haven't been able to find a script then :(

H'mmm & more H'mmm - the idea was a safety net in the background - just in case the worst did happen.

An alternative to margin call which often is too late to recover

Basically I never want to lose more than I started with

H'mmm again . . . what if the margin call level was a figure instead of a percentage ?

Make margin call a variable . . . % or £ . . . with 10% being the ABSOLUTE minimum

If for instance I started with £20 then I might want to set my margin call to £21

Yes I want this for spreadbetting BUT could work with Lots with a little tweaking . . . maybe an option . . . £ or Lot

Then again . . . H'mmm

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Should be an EA, not a script
In an effort to condense my search in the code base what key words would you suggest for a suitable EA. The more I think about it the more I like the idea of having control over the "Margin Call" WITHOUT losing it's 10% safety net. I'm thinking "Margin Call" when start balance is reached - NEVER going negative !

Searched for Margin Call EA and found this https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/7975 But insufficient information to know what it is about . . . Any thought's ?

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Another idea I have just had . . . Show "Margin Level" as a horizontal line on the chart then I can drag my Armageddon SL to it

Sure somebody else MUST have had the same idea as me . . . But where ?

Any coders reading want to give me a price to create my idea ?

Private message me :)

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
In an effort to condense my search in the code base what key words would you suggest for a suitable EA. The more I think about it the more I like the idea of having control over the "Margin Call" WITHOUT losing it's 10% safety net. I'm thinking "Margin Call" when start balance is reached - NEVER going negative !
//-----

hey maverick... in a limited manner you could always use accountequity()... such as....

MQL4:
double openingbalance = 200.00;

if(AccountEquity()<(openingbalance*1.1) {CloseAll();}

by limited manner I mean that you would obviously not be able to use that on the accounts first trade..... some equity increase will have to occur first ......

there might not be a safer way than to set a stoploss at the outset....h