why most traders lose money ?

Dora_WalletInvestor

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2020
KIS is the secret to success in trading ; Knowledge, Intuition, Skill. Knowledge can be gained both by reading & by doing a lot of trades. When u do plenty of trades, not only knowledge increases, but intuition & skill too will improve. What people normally do is , they open a demo or real account , & risk , lets say, 10% per trade. , blast the account to zero, get frustrated & opens another account & blasts that too or even quit trading. On the other hand, if that person had risked only 1% per trade, he would have given himself oppurtunity to trade atleast a 100 trades in that account, thus he would have improved his knowledge, intuition & skill from those huge number of trades, instead of getting frustrated & leaving trading.
Interesting, I don't usually see intuition included among trading advice. I guess that does require a lot of experience, it sounds like intuition and emotions could sometimes be confused.

Trader Tom

Trader
Aug 6, 2018
Interesting, I don't usually see intuition included among trading advice. I guess that does require a lot of experience, it sounds like intuition and emotions could sometimes be confused.
yes, plenty of time sitting in front of charts. So, if your trading strategy requires you to enter a trade when 2 conditions are met, we all know that we can't win all the trades, & if there is something wrong & you've developed that intuition, you'll feel it, & stay out. On the other hand, if you're staying out of the trade, even after the 2 conditions are met, out of fear, that is emotions.

Dora_WalletInvestor

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2020
yes, plenty of time sitting in front of charts. So, if your trading strategy requires you to enter a trade when 2 conditions are met, we all know that we can't win all the trades, & if there is something wrong & you've developed that intuition, you'll feel it, & stay out. On the other hand, if you're staying out of the trade, even after the 2 conditions are met, out of fear, that is emotions.
I see, thanks for the explanation!

hk_09

Banned
Oct 30, 2020
Mostly traders just rush to get rich overnight, which is practically not possible in forex. They lack the necessary skills, patience and the type of knowledge required to achieve success through trading, which puts them in a position of failure, nothing else.

forexking

Feb 15, 2021
I feel, most traders lose money because of lack of knowledge of the forex market. A proper strategy can’t be formulated if the trader is not well versed with the market. If the strategy is not effective enough, then profits are not gonna come.

maxmoud

Apr 4, 2021
Over leveraging, improper risk management and treating trading like gambling and not a as business. Mindset is 90% of trading and the hardest thing about it to master. Also, there is a TON of free information out there, designed specifically to teach you the WRONG way to trade, to keep you at the mercy of the banks and institutions.

btseen

Banned
Jan 17, 2020
I believe most of the traders lose because they have unrealistic expectations from the forex market, they dream of doubling their money in a very short time span which is a huge misconception. Practice and patience is what is required in reality to be profitable.

sunar14

Banned
Jan 17, 2021
I think because they lose discipline and then losses become uncontrolled. Key thing to successful trading is sticking to your trading plan and daily risk limits.

SmartX

May 27, 2021
I think because they lose discipline and then losses become uncontrolled. Key thing to successful trading is sticking to your trading plan and daily risk limits.
Agreed, maintaining discipline is very important to get better results in trading. It also helps in having control on emotions.

HeavenLeighGill

Active Trader
Aug 5, 2021
Several reasons like not being educated enough, using too much leverage, bad strategy, relying on signals, not keeping up with the news, risking too much, not using stop loss, trading with the wrong broker and being subject to things like above average spreads, etc.