Where to learn TA

Lee-me

Trader
Apr 24, 2023
Hello everyone!
I want to learn TA. Can you suggest any source that I can use to learn TA?
Hey. there are some sources I know:

1. Investopedia: they offer articles and tutorials on TA, including chart patterns, indicators, and trading strategies.
2. Trading view: Check out this one too. I guess it's well-known enough.

Oli_jackson

Trader
Mar 27, 2023
TA is a very diverse field. You have to first decide which subfield of TA is of interest to you.
I would be more than happy if you explain more about these subfields.
I'm shocked that I didn't know TA has subfields.
Post automatically merged:

whats TA? didn heard of it. is it a strategy or some kinda tradin tool?
Technical analysis (TA) is a trading discipline that uses price trends and patterns on charts to analyze assets and uncover trading opportunities.

Lee-me

Trader
Apr 24, 2023
I can recommend the following books on price action:

1. Price Action Trading Technical Analysis --> Sunil Gurjar, the inventor of Chartmojo, has written a book that will teach you how to trade equities and timing entry and exit better using market movement rather than technical indicators.​

2. Trading Price Action Trends: Technical Analysis of Price Charts Bar by Bar for the Serious Trader --> Finding a method that works and adhering to it is the key to becoming a successful trader. Al Brooks, the author, has done exactly that. He's discovered a technique to profit regardless of market direction or economic condition by streamlining his trading system and trading only 5-minute price charts. Reading Price Charts Bar by Bar, his first book, provided an interesting assessment of his technique, but it did not allow him to delve into the actual nuts and bolts of the approach. With this new line of publications, Brooks walks you through the entire procedure step by step.​

i hope they be useful.

NatureGirl

Trader
May 3, 2023
I would be more than happy if you explain more about these subfields.
I'm shocked that I didn't know TA has subfields.

Technical analysis (TA) is a trading discipline that uses price trends and patterns on charts to analyze assets and uncover trading opportunities.
so its kinda tradin approach. right? how does it work?

Chadpowell

Trader
Apr 8, 2023
New York
Hello everyone!
I want to learn TA. Can you suggest any source that I can use to learn TA?
I think that's the most general question I've ever seen!
Anyway you can read books for that or even use different courses!
and an advice: if you do not know what do you want to learn about ta, do not trade even on demo accounts. Just go and learn otherwise you'll make some profits and you think you are reade and Forex be like:

Oli_jackson

Trader
Mar 27, 2023
I can recommend the following books on price action:

1. Price Action Trading Technical Analysis --> Sunil Gurjar, the inventor of Chartmojo, has written a book that will teach you how to trade equities and timing entry and exit better using market movement rather than technical indicators.​

2. Trading Price Action Trends: Technical Analysis of Price Charts Bar by Bar for the Serious Trader --> Finding a method that works and adhering to it is the key to becoming a successful trader. Al Brooks, the author, has done exactly that. He's discovered a technique to profit regardless of market direction or economic condition by streamlining his trading system and trading only 5-minute price charts. Reading Price Charts Bar by Bar, his first book, provided an interesting assessment of his technique, but it did not allow him to delve into the actual nuts and bolts of the approach. With this new line of publications, Brooks walks you through the entire procedure step by step.​

i hope they be useful.
Thank you for the suggestion. Have you read both of them? if yes, which one is better to start with?

Oli_jackson

Trader
Mar 27, 2023
I think that's the most general question I've ever seen!
Anyway you can read books for that or even use different courses!
and an advice: if you do not know what do you want to learn about ta, do not trade even on demo accounts. Just go and learn otherwise you'll make some profits and you think you are reade and Forex be like:
Well, I want to learn about TA and then take actions. That's why I asked about the learning sources.

so its kinda tradin approach. right? how does it work?
Technical analysis can be defined as a trading discipline used to evaluate investments and identify trading opportunities. It is done by examining trends in statistics acquired from trading operations such as price and volume movement.

Lee-me

Trader
Apr 24, 2023
Thank you for the suggestion. Have you read both of them? if yes, which one is better to start with?
You can start with Trading Price Action Trends. it's a thorough explanation of how to use price action technical analysis to profit from trend reversals. Finding a system that works and staying with it are essential for being a successful trader.

NatureGirl

Trader
May 3, 2023
Well, I want to learn about TA and then take actions. That's why I asked about the learning sources.

Technical analysis can be defined as a trading discipline used to evaluate investments and identify trading opportunities. It is done by examining trends in statistics acquired from trading operations such as price and volume movement.
hmmm thank you where can i find more simplified explanations? cause it kinda confusin *_*

Oli_jackson

Trader
Mar 27, 2023
You can start with Trading Price Action Trends. it's a thorough explanation of how to use price action technical analysis to profit from trend reversals. Finding a system that works and staying with it are essential for being a successful trader.
Thank you for the suggestion Lee. I will give it a shot.

hmmm thank you where can i find more simplified explanations? cause it kinda confusin *_*
Technical analysis is a process of evaluating and studying stocks or markets using previous prices and patterns to predict what will happen in the future.
If you're still confused you can search it on google. You'll find more examples.

• 👍
Reactions: NatureGirl

NatureGirl

Trader
May 3, 2023
Thank you for the suggestion Lee. I will give it a shot.

Technical analysis is a process of evaluating and studying stocks or markets using previous prices and patterns to predict what will happen in the future.
If you're still confused you can search it on google. You'll find more examples.
aha! gotcha now. thank U so much for explaining <3