What was your biggest obstacle?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Everyone has a different story and every successful trader had to face various challenges and obstacles when they started out. Those who claim they didn’t struggle at all obviously never traded in their life. We all have a different learning curve and approached trading with a different mentality and from different angles.

What was your biggest obstacle you had to overcome before you felt you were on the right track?

I think to me it was to trust myself that I would figure it out and get to the point where I could create a strategy that works for me in order to achieve consistent trading profits. I remember when I decided to trade I had no idea what I was getting into and I did take the time to educate myself to the point I felt comfortable to open my very first account and place my first trade.

What was yours?

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
obstacles

What was your biggest obstacle you had to overcome before you felt you were on the right track?
//----

hey rambo...... overcoming impatience would lead my long list.....

//-----

overcoming illusions would be a very very close second on that very very long list......h

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I think the two obstacles you have mentioned are things all traders have to face and overcome. Thanks for sharing.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
All the crap I kept getting from the non traders, and friends - the market's too risky and the rest. Granted the market is risky but then again, the same applies to other markets, jobs. Yeah, at times the advice they gave seemed to be good but managed to stick on, learn how to trade and today, glad I did not give up.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I agree Fxpipper, there is a lot of terrible noise out there and those who can filter it out are on the right track.

Rob Taylor

Active Trader
Oct 14, 2012
UK
www.tradeforexmakemoney.co.uk
The biggest obstacle i faced in learning to trade was admitting that i needed help. If you are not making money consistently, week in week out from your trading, then you need help with your education.

The key to making money in this business is understanding how the market really works. I am not talking about trading trends, or breakouts, or any of the other crap you can get for free, i am taking about learning how the big boys make their money, the real traders, traders that trade 100+ contracts per trade. When you understand how they trade, then you can make real money in this business.

Master Forex IB

Active Trader
May 23, 2013
My biggest bstacle is emotina linvolvementduring trading . I cannot control them.Mostly I am in a fear of loosing that causes continuus lss for me . I remain coward and not wait for profit . I amtrying to overcme this slowly by taking low risks.

george55

Trader
Oct 29, 2013
www.ifcmarkets.com
Hi everyone, My biggest obstacle in trading was controlling my emotions. That’s very hard to overcome especially when you are new to trading. But by getting experience in trading you also get the experience of controlling your emotions.!!

Rockefeller

Master Trader
Jul 12, 2013
London
My biggest obstacle was that I closed my trades too early. Also after a losing streak I did not trust myself.
Sometimes I still make those mistakes but it does not affect my trading as much as it did when I started.

Emibluz

Banned
Aug 22, 2013
What was your biggest obstacle you had to overcome before you felt you were on the right track
What was yours?
I guess my biggest problem was recklessness. This was as a result of my 100% trust in my broker ( because he is licensed); so when I get negative slippages,delayed execution rates as well as frustrating requotes; I think "ooh its normal, afterall he is a trustworthy broker". It was when I opened my heart to the possibilities that I saw that the big guys brokers were constantly on the chase by forex magnates and the rest for racketeering clients. Gossssh, it hurt me so much to come to the ugly discovery that some onshore regulated brokers are less transparent than their fellow offshore brokers.