what is your leverage when you trade ?

Discussion in 'General Forex Discussion' started by homi, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Maria08

Maria08 Banned

it depends on you and your invested amount to set a leverage to trade . if your investment is 100 $ and you want to use full leverage 1:1000 then it will be so risky for you to handle that leverage to make your amount double .
    1:1 is the best leverage to start at first .

2. hayseed

hayseed Master Trader

leverage

for some reason here in the states we say it different....... our leverage is 50:1 ...... or 2% margin.........

a while back it was much higher and even though many cried at the reduction, for me the change went un-noticed......

higher leverage/lower margin brings on the need for precision trades...... along with the risk of trying to do too much with too little.......

50:1 is plenty for me......h

3. homi

homi Trader

as i think , with the leverage of 1:1 you must have a large amount of money in your account to trade yes ?

4. homi

homi Trader

so as you say , the margin and leverage have opposite relation
    higher leverage lower margin yes ?

so i prefer to have a high leverage to trade :)

5. TheLastBear

TheLastBear Banned

Yes homi, you got it right.

6. DavTraderForex

DavTraderForex Trader

My broker offers 1:400, but I usually trade with 1:200, basing on the idea that the lower your leverage is the less riskier your trading will be.

7. abir_r2r

abir_r2r Banned

Along with that of course, comes the need to understand what you're trading. New traders tend to jump in and start trading anything the looks like it moves. They usually will use high leverage and trade randomly in both directions, usually leading to loss of money.

8. Rob Taylor

Rob Taylor Active Trader

I trade 1:500. Which is the max my broker offers. Trading with the max leverage gives you greater flexibility when opening multiple positions.

9. abir_r2r

abir_r2r Banned

Provide and discuss the fundamental analysis of the Forex market.

10. abir_r2r

abir_r2r Banned

Yep, would likely guide most beginners to never slide to the control lure.. larger your control, your more rapidly your current bill is certain to get erased in particular when your speculator can be new at all to exchanging.. many of us have removed generally there, accomplished that will.

11. expert4x

expert4x Trader

Hi -

There is some interesting debate around this subject

I have been trading forex for a long time and leverage is not an issue to me as I trade a fully funded account and control risk on my account very well.

Leverage is only a problem when you a short of cash, unsure of your trading approach and you are trading in a very risky way. Rather than worry about leverage focus on overall money and risk management that will not require you to need a highly leveraged account. Know the risks involved in your trading technique and manage them.

Focus your efforts on what really matters.

12. Kungfupanda

Kungfupanda Banned

I'm just trading for about 6 months so I consider lower leverage as 1:100.

13. shams

shams Trader

I am newbie so i started from a small leverage because its important for every trader that he should start from the small because if he lose then he can lose a small capital.so my leverage will be 0.03

14. Fxpipper

Fxpipper Master Trader

For newbies, the cap should be at 1:50 or at 1:100, the more the leverage, higher the risk. And yes, make sure you trade with a real trading plan, execute your trades and do not get emotive - that only leads to one thing, impulse buying/selling which often ends up in loss

15. homi

homi Trader

Hi guys,
    I appreciate all answers to my thread but i like to know your opinion about the advantages and disadvantages of using high leverage?

16. Rabbady

Rabbady Trader

Actually trading with 1:1000 and even 1:2000 is not risky.

AS LONG AS you're opening the same lots you would have opend with a lower leverage. It will actually leave you with bigger margin. So I assume it's a good thing.

17. okon2much

okon2much Banned

You must have good capital to trade with such leverage.

18. Rambo35

Rambo35 Confirmed PaxForex Representative

I think that amount of leverage is a good idea if you want to blow your account.

19. tania

tania Trader

I use 1.5000 leverage when I trade in Forex-metal. I have two years of experience in forex. And now I am making daily some profit and monthly 30% profit.

20. Rambo35

Rambo35 Confirmed PaxForex Representative

I think everyone agrees that your statement is designed to advertise your broker and makes no sense. Good traders do not trade there and not like that.