what is your leverage when you trade ?

Maria08

Banned
Oct 23, 2012
it depends on you and your invested amount to set a leverage to trade . if your investment is 100 $ and you want to use full leverage 1:1000 then it will be so risky for you to handle that leverage to make your amount double .
1:1 is the best leverage to start at first .

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
leverage

for some reason here in the states we say it different....... our leverage is 50:1 ...... or 2% margin.........

a while back it was much higher and even though many cried at the reduction, for me the change went un-noticed......

higher leverage/lower margin brings on the need for precision trades...... along with the risk of trying to do too much with too little.......

50:1 is plenty for me......h

homi

Trader
Sep 19, 2012
it depends on you and your invested amount to set a leverage to trade . if your investment is 100 $ and you want to use full leverage 1:1000 then it will be so risky for you to handle that leverage to make your amount double .
1:1 is the best leverage to start at first .

as i think , with the leverage of 1:1 you must have a large amount of money in your account to trade yes ?

homi

Trader
Sep 19, 2012
for some reason here in the states we say it different....... our leverage is 50:1 ...... or 2% margin.........

a while back it was much higher and even though many cried at the reduction, for me the change went un-noticed......

higher leverage/lower margin brings on the need for precision trades...... along with the risk of trying to do too much with too little.......

50:1 is plenty for me......h

so as you say , the margin and leverage have opposite relation
higher leverage lower margin yes ?

so i prefer to have a high leverage to trade :)

abir_r2r

Banned
Jan 22, 2013
Dhaka
Along with that of course, comes the need to understand what you're trading. New traders tend to jump in and start trading anything the looks like it moves. They usually will use high leverage and trade randomly in both directions, usually leading to loss of money.

abir_r2r

Banned
Jan 22, 2013
Dhaka
Yep, would likely guide most beginners to never slide to the control lure.. larger your control, your more rapidly your current bill is certain to get erased in particular when your speculator can be new at all to exchanging.. many of us have removed generally there, accomplished that will.

expert4x

Trader
Oct 6, 2011
Sydney
Hi -

There is some interesting debate around this subject

I have been trading forex for a long time and leverage is not an issue to me as I trade a fully funded account and control risk on my account very well.

Leverage is only a problem when you a short of cash, unsure of your trading approach and you are trading in a very risky way. Rather than worry about leverage focus on overall money and risk management that will not require you to need a highly leveraged account. Know the risks involved in your trading technique and manage them.

Focus your efforts on what really matters.

shams

Trader
Feb 5, 2013
I am newbie so i started from a small leverage because its important for every trader that he should start from the small because if he lose then he can lose a small capital.so my leverage will be 0.03

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
For newbies, the cap should be at 1:50 or at 1:100, the more the leverage, higher the risk. And yes, make sure you trade with a real trading plan, execute your trades and do not get emotive - that only leads to one thing, impulse buying/selling which often ends up in loss

homi

Trader
Sep 19, 2012
Hi guys,
I appreciate all answers to my thread but i like to know your opinion about the advantages and disadvantages of using high leverage?

Rabbady

Trader
Mar 17, 2013
Actually trading with 1:1000 and even 1:2000 is not risky.

AS LONG AS you're opening the same lots you would have opend with a lower leverage. It will actually leave you with bigger margin. So I assume it's a good thing.

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Actually trading with 1:1000 and even 1:2000 is not risky.

AS LONG AS you're opening the same lots you would have opend with a lower leverage. It will actually leave you with bigger margin. So I assume it's a good thing.

I think that amount of leverage is a good idea if you want to blow your account.

tania

Trader
Apr 21, 2013
I use 1.5000 leverage when I trade in Forex-metal. I have two years of experience in forex. And now I am making daily some profit and monthly 30% profit.

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I use 1.5000 leverage when I trade in Forex-metal. I have two years of experience in forex. And now I am making daily some profit and monthly 30% profit.

I think everyone agrees that your statement is designed to advertise your broker and makes no sense. Good traders do not trade there and not like that.