What caused the Bitcoin flash crash this week?

Mar 29, 2019
In a piece of unexpected news, Bitfinex was accused earlier this week of using customers’ funds to cover a loss of $850 million. Furthermore, the accusation came from the New York Attorney General’s office, the thing that pushed bitcoin flash to crash, as per the report.

The details of the news say that Bitfinex allegedly resorted to using its affiliated stablecoin operator Tether to cover the enormous amount referred to above.

According to the lawsuit, Bitfinex through Crypto Capital mixed the funds stored on behalf of the client with its own capital.

momo3HC

Active Trader
Feb 16, 2019
I`ve also read that some intelligences found some crypto (BTC mainly) crowdfunding schemes for terrorist organizations. Sorry about that may be missing some key points but can`t found the actual article.

• 👍
Reactions: Anastasia Vladimir

momo3HC

Active Trader
Feb 16, 2019
But from what I see that case with BitFinex really didn't make anything to shake BTC value lately, it's on rise again after a week. Am I missing something with what was done like a really big damage ? Simply I click that thread and was just scared of outcome;)
Yeah. That seems strange to me also but it`s a fact.