VQ Indicator settings

HI, gang,

I'm looking to use the VQ indicater posted below as an entry indicator with my 6-way JPY combo method. However, I haven't a clue as to what the correct 4H TF setting would be. Could someone take a look and simply post what they think would be the best perameter inputs? Thanks, bunches!

Last edited:

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
vq

hey ez..... it would depend on your profit target and length of time you expect the trade to last....

for me, length of 50 would match my targets..... someone wanting quick in quick out might use 5...... the rest of the settings can be default....

in the picture below, the top is 5, the second is 10, the third is 20, and fourth is 50...... you can see there are less whipsaws on higher the ma lengths.....

i know your not real fond of ea's but when basket trading 'jpy' we usually take all the pairs and sum their values and divide by number of pairs..... this gives us the vq on the composite..... when the trigger signals, the ea sends all the orders..... in the line below, JPY would be the composite of all those pairs.....

Code:
       string JPY[7]                 = {"EURJPYm","GBPJPYm","AUDJPYm","NZDJPYm","CADJPYm","CHFJPYm","USDJPYm"};

any indicator can be applied to that 'JPY' composite and generate signals.... macd, rsi, stoch, wilr and so on.....

if you wanted to basket trade the usd pairs, some of the values would have to inverted because some of the pairs are inverted.....

anyway, back to your question..... the default settings are ok, but for me i'd stretch the ma length to 50......h

Attachments

• vq.gif
    vq.gif
    26.9 KB · Views: 215

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
better wording

sum their values and divide by number of pairs

by sum their values i mean we take the vq value on every pair and sum those, then divide by the number of pairs......

this gives us the composite vq of all the pairs.....

or in the case of rsi, we would sum all the rsi's of each pair and divide by the number of pairs......we get the composite rsi.....

and so on for any indicator almost.....h