U.S Dollar is OVERVALUED , what does everyone think?

Profxtool

Sep 1, 2023
So, I'm a person in the United States. I am not a new person , I have some years behind me and god willing some still ahead. Throughout the majority of my adult life the U.S dollar has been slightly OVERVALUED. Which WAS typically not a huge deal because we had good growth, high GDP , and low rates (most of the time) , not mention the whole "reserve currency" deal. So, being OVERVALUED is expected for any reserve currency, and probably something that is unavoidable for any reserve currency that ever existed.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
So, I'm a person in the United States. I am not a new person , I have some years behind me and god willing some still ahead. Throughout the majority of my adult life the U.S dollar has been slightly OVERVALUED. Which WAS typically not a huge deal because we had good growth, high GDP , and low rates (most of the time) , not mention the whole "reserve currency" deal. So, being OVERVALUED is expected for any reserve currency, and probably something that is unavoidable for any reserve currency that ever existed.
//-----

what are you using to determine "overvalued"...... compared to what.....

anyone that's been to the store, bought a new truck , tractor, boat or 100 acres of land, might say the usd is undervalued......

of course the same can be said for all but a few currencies and countries......

priced a ranger lately.......

1 ranger = 99,995$.......

what's "overvalued" in that equation.....h

NatureGirl

Trader
May 3, 2023
its mostly because its the worlds go to currency plus our economys usually strong with good growth and stuff.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Saying that USD is "overvalued" without mentioning against what it is overvalued doesn't make much sense. For example, if you compare the USD to the CNH (Chinese yuan) using Purchasing Power Parity, then yes, the dollar is quite overvalued. But if you compare the USD to the CHF (Swiss franc), the dollar is rather undervalued.

• 👍
Reactions: hayseed

chpherson

Trader
Dec 13, 2021
The statement "overvalued" mean thats there is something it can be compared to. So why is USD overvalued?