Trading is not Science

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I know most are aware that trading is not en exact science, but rather and art form. I decided to point that out as I read countless threads and posts where new trader are confused about why something did not happen despite an indicator suggesting otherwise.

Let's take the RSI for example, just because it trades above 70 or below 30 does not mean the price will reverse. Same holds true for any support/resistance levels and even down to pure price action where a price does not automatically reverse direction because of a candlestick formation.

Sometimes that happens, but other times it does not and to blindly enter trades because of any single signal makes no sense. You should take those events as a sign to further analyze the charts and yes that means you need to work and can't be lazy about it.

Trading is an art form which you may or may not be able to learn after years (that is with an 's' at the end).

Rob Taylor

Active Trader
Oct 14, 2012
UK
www.tradeforexmakemoney.co.uk
My approach to trading is very different from the majority of other traders. The way i trade is very matter of fact. As far as i am concerned there are many wrong ways to trade, but only one right way.

There are 100s of strategies that will work to some degree of success, and if you employ strict money management, you may be able to become profitable with some of them over time, but in my opinion they are all flawed, as they are based on beliefs about the market that are incorrect.

When you understand how the market really works, and have learned the right way to trade, you will never waste your time with these flawed trading strategies again.

miles

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Forex treading is all about having solid trading strategy and getting used to it by studying very well, know how to minimize your risk and how to lock in profit.

com37

Trader
Dec 25, 2013
Forex trading is combination between science in strategy, mind balance to manage your emotion, and discipline..
those are hard , i believe..
I heard some people gone crazy when they loose

miles

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Science is far away different from forex because forex is all about buying and selling of foreign currencies by trading one for another.

eyeball

Master Trader
Sep 25, 2011
Art or Science

Those who subscribe to the notion that trading is an art rather than a science have not yet developed a technical analysis that yields consistent profits. Profitable trading , in my judgement, is a learned skill and is based on causality. Every short term price move has an identifiable reason for occurring, mostly technical, occasionally fundamental.The skill, rather than the art,is to find the reason (or causality ) for the move and, by so doing, develop a trading methodology to profit from these repeating technicalities. This can be tedious, time consuming work conducted over an extended period of time, but in the end highly rewarding both financially and psychically