Trading books are written by failed traders

Ulacan

Trader
Feb 21, 2019
I do not disagree with the fact that most books on forex education are written by failed traders, since that is what happens in most cases. However, on the other hand, there are some trading gurus who have mastered the art and science of trading and have the desire to share that knowledge with new comers.

I do not disagree with the fact that most books on forex education are written by failed traders, since that is what happens in most cases. However, on the other hand, there are some trading gurus who have mastered the art and science of trading and have the desire to share that knowledge with new comers.

These fake gurus are pretenders employed by brokers on broker's forum.

Attachments

• prender keep.gif
    prender keep.gif
    917.9 KB · Views: 20
  • pretender.gif
    pretender.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • pretenders.gif
    pretenders.gif
    42.1 KB · Views: 20

mark_t

Oct 19, 2019
That’s true, can’t say that for every writer. Some are experienced and successful too.

The most valuable lessons come from failure!

Failure teaches you , why all this free lunch education does not work. Failure teaches you why all h insight analysis, hindsight analysis not traded by analyst, and all this technical analysis does not work.

A recent study by finance professors at Massey University in New Zealand examined more than 5,000 technical trading rules to see if they added value. The authors found "no evidence that the profits to the technical trading rules we consider are greater than those that might be expected due to random data variation."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-37840656/is-technical-analysis-a-waste-of-time/?tag=mwuser

Most of you will give opinions of why t/a works , you can not provide any evidence or studies because technical analysis can not be tested , it does not always work , all context can not be applied in testing , emotional trading failures due to t/a failure can't be tested , stress and it's negative influences of t/a can't be back tested. WTF. F O S .

Elliot Chang

Trader
Oct 22, 2019
United Kingdom
There are 20,000 trading books , all books are written by authors , they are not written by traders.The truth is trading books are written by failed traders, .a search on google will show 95% of traders lose, the figure is more likely to be over 99%. Buying any books is for beginners and learners, traders trade, they don't write books.

Real traders trade , they learn in the market , the market teaches them real trading. Fake charlatans write books and fictional stories about trading , it is all about selling a good book. Real traders make money from the markets , not by selling books .

Most authors do not know how to make money from trading.They failed at trading , so they wrote a book.There is so much misinformation on forums, books and internet sites.

An author can not sell a book , if he told the truth , that 95 % of all trend traders lose.Why would anyone buy books on trend trading, if 99 % the true figure is hidden by all trading industry benefactors.

https://www.earnforex.com/forex-e-books/trading-strategy/

https://community.ig.com/forums/topic/3874-trading-books/?do=findComment&comment=17789

http://profitabletrading1.blogspot.com/2018/06/trend-trading-has-no-edge-80-of-trends.html

This is true. That's why we need to learn from their mistakes.

Well that's some of them. We can't say that all book writers are unsuccessful. Things don't work in everyone's favour, that's it. Some books are really useful and well written too.

To the completely clueless new trader , they can seem useful.

Day

Trader
Jul 25, 2020
I would not underestimate value of books. It does not matter if trader failed or not, you can always gain some new knowledge from books. Even if it is somebody`s bad experience, it can still be learning material for you. Right?

Dora_WalletInvestor

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2020
Is there any proof that so much of these books are written by failed traders, or are we just assuming most writers failed because most traders fail? I'm not sure I see the logic behind this statement.

And I agree you cannot learn to trade purely from books - just like you cannot learn most practical things just from books. But to be a successful trader you have to have good basic understanding on financial matters in general, and that's valuable information regardless of who wrote the book.

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 👍
Reactions: Dora_WalletInvestor

Uaredaty

Active Trader
Jan 19, 2019
I agree with Dora. Forex is not black or white, it is somewhere in between, same as any other aspect in life. So we cannot put general statement that all books are from failed traders. There are failed traders, but there are also successful ones, so it is not good to generalize things here

hk_09

Banned
Oct 30, 2020
So on point man. No doubt, failure gives a shock to traders, but what one learns from it, becomes a major turning point in most of the cases.

ForexIdentity

Trader
Apr 29, 2021
The best way to learn trading is hands on experience and giving feedback to yourself. There are real mentors out there, who will make the process easier. It costs money though. However there are too many fake mentors in this business. You should be careful.

Jerry_Ken

Trader
Dec 11, 2020
The best way to learn trading is hands on experience and giving feedback to yourself. There are real mentors out there, who will make the process easier. It costs money though. However there are too many fake mentors in this business. You should be careful.
well said. I think the best teacher/mentor is you yourself. Practice is what will help you grow and learn from your mistakes.