Starting Out

ITtrader

Trader
May 6, 2011
Hi everyone,

I am knew to the Forex and have been using a demo account and starting to see some results. I am getting to the point where I want to deposit and not sure how much to throw in right away. What did you guys start with and what is a good number to use? For the record do not have thousands to blow here I am hoping to start small and through strategies that I have learned make it grow.

DonnaMag

Trader
May 15, 2011
Hi ITTrader and welcome to the trading world!

As someone who also started out through practicing on demo accounts, I must admit: practicing demo is great, however it is important to know when to move on. It is important to remember you are only trading with virtual money which makes you lose out on the mental impact and satisfaction of trading.
Regarding the amount of money to start with, It is pointless to start with that less $1000; pick a figure between 1k-5k for a beginner. With that being said- don't go and blow all your college savings, Medicare or important life purposes. Only trade what you are capable of losing.
With that being said, wishing you all the success in your trades :)

JessForex

Trader
Apr 22, 2011
Hi, you should start with couple of hundreds and with low leverage. You stop loss in a way that you will not lose more than 2% of your money in every trade, it will give you allot of time to trade J. I used Everestforex’s program which gives you $100 real money (no deposit needed) [link removed]
Good Luck! Hope you find it helpful!

ITtrader

Trader
May 6, 2011
Thank you for all the advice! I see so many places where I can get deposit bonuses and such can you guys recommend a good platform?

eyeball

Master Trader
Sep 25, 2011
Please understand that whatever ammount you start with,it will probably be lost within the first few months of trading. Consequently , the lower the better. the important thing is to learn by your early mistakes so that your future trading has a chance to recoup your initial losses and achieve overall profitability. Good Luck

j'ai

Trader
Nov 10, 2011
There are loads of platforms out there ITT, most of them are available with a demo account. I tried quite a few of them myself, some I liked, some ok and some terrible for my purposes.

You will find it's a very personal thing using a platform. So my advice to you ITT, is try as many different platforms as you can before you start live trading, find one you like and stick with it.

Good luck mate, both on the platform and on trading.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am knew to the Forex and have been using a demo account and starting to see some results. I am getting to the point where I want to deposit and not sure how much to throw in right away. What did you guys start with and what is a good number to use? For the record do not have thousands to blow here I am hoping to start small and through strategies that I have learned make it grow.

I hope now you are a successful Forex trader since it’s a 7 years old thread! By the way, new traders need to start with demo and invest their time before investing their money! If you are a newbie & making consistent result on demo, then go for the live trading otherwise not.