SLIPPAGE?!

orangebear

Trader
Sep 23, 2013
As an experienced trader, Im confused as to why traders always moan about slippage and then start to call brokers scam because of slippage?!

When you trade forex, you MUST expect slippage, it is as sure as making a profit/loss on your trades. The ONLY time you wont have slippage is when you get requotes from a market maker.

If you think logically, if your trade is sent to real market (liquidity provider) then there is communication, slippage is simple when your order is sent to broker then liquidity, this takes time, in that time the price of real market has changed...

Dont want slippage, don't trade during news. I hate it when I read ABC broker is scam because I got slipped foe 15 pips during NFP...WTF guys, what the hell are you trading during NFP anyway...THIS IS GAMBLING, then when you lose you blame the broker...grow up ffs!

Rockefeller

Master Trader
Jul 12, 2013
London
Great post. Slippage is normal on STP brokers.To get better fill I suggest to rent a VPS near broker main servers. And of course trading during the news is total gambling.

T Spoon

Trader
Sep 24, 2013
As for stp broker you can use the pending orders to avoid slippage. I think it only matters if you're scalping, for the long time traders slippage is not so important! Or I'm missing something?

JohnyStan

Trader
Sep 16, 2013
I always say that chacking the latency is one of the first things you do when chosing broker! And yes, cross connected VPS is, probably, the best decision for the retail traders

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Slippage also points to lack of liquidity by your broker or the inability to fill your order.

tzawolf

Trader
Sep 25, 2013
Slippage also points to lack of liquidity by your broker or the inability to fill your order.

I dont agree - slippage is based on latency and fast move market. example- if pair ticks 400 times in 1 minute it means 6.66 change in price each second (average). if it takes your order 3 milisecond to execute it could mean that the price could change many times before execute.

You can blame broker or liquidity provider. you can blame yourself for expecting sl to be accurate at this time