Should Forex be taught in school?

mumuy

Active Trader
May 3, 2013
I think Forex trading is part of economic courses; however they don’t teach it in school or have a separate curriculum for this. In my opinion, school need to teach forex trading to their student to add knowledge about world currency trading. I think forex trading will be favorite lesson in the school because forex trading is very interesting subject. In addition, forex trading will be popular job if school recognize forex trading to their student

Well, if you have studied economics then you will understand the myth of forex market, and it will make you clear, other related thing you can learn from your local market where you can buy and sell foreign currency. Here you can see the difference of bid and ask.....:)

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I don't think so no unless you want to create even more new traders who will have no choice but to fail. You won't get good teachers as those who are good do not teach, they will trade. So you will be left with those who failed as traders teaching others...how to fail.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I don't think that Forex trading should be taught in school. At the same time, I believe a school should give some education about foreign exchange market - what it is, why it exists, what influences currency rates, etc.

Such knowledge will be helpful to everyone, even those who do not plan to become FX speculators or investors later in their life.

tabalo

Confirmed HotForex Representative
Feb 20, 2013
Basically Forex is financial market and I think it could be taught in school. But Forex is very risky, so it's dangerous when teach it in school, students can join it and lose everything.

Megamind

Active Trader
Jan 14, 2011
I think that during the economic courses teachers are supposed to give students the idea of what is forex. But not teach them how to trade. Although, some government consider Forex as gambling. It is not very good to teach kids play poker in school

Personally, I think it should be offered at the Jr. College level as an elective. Do you honestly think a trading instructor (non-prof type) WOULDN'T trade throughout the day? LOL When one has a mentor, you tend to watch them trade at first.

When I work with someone here at home, they watch me for two days then we change seats.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Absolutely not, maybe at a college level but the skill, associated with trading, is more hands on..
And most colleges offer advanced courses in economics and other related topics, while these courses may help a trader - the only way a trader can learn trading or excel, is to actually trade..

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Most traders do not start making bushels of $$$ right away..and it takes a lot of hard work before you can hope to score a few pips, consistently. And as always, it is a good idea to have another skill to back you up..
So while trading is better than working eight hours a day, the catch is that you need to be really good at trading before you can qualify that phrase..

Aug 7, 2013
The foreign exchange market or forex for short is the buying and selling of currencies, and it’s become one of the fastest growing markets in the world.its become more popular day by day.so i think it should taught in school so that student can contribute in it

Aug 30, 2013
UK
I agree with Lucy Hargreaves. the student of today is the future of tomorrow. so let them know about the fastest growing markets in the world.but teacher have to teach them not to be greedy

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Here's the problem, trading as a college level course needs to be taught by an exceptional trader but the catch - teachers do not get paid enough, no matter where they are located.
So would the talented trader opt to teach a course to students for small change when he could probably make more trading online.
Not being pedantic but that's the reality and frankly, most of us would prefer to earn mega bucks..chalk it up to human nature.

Master Forex IB

Active Trader
May 23, 2013
In high classes this knowledge shuld provide to students as financial eduation. Because now forex is one of the largest financere market in the world. In school atmosphere they will under stand easily about it. this learning will help them in future to wrok in forex market if they want to join it.

rwtc

Trader
Sep 14, 2013
www.rwtickchart.com
I don't think that Forex alone should be taught in school. I think that there should be a financial education, which would contain many stuff about exchange, stocks, investments in general, and part of this should Forex as well. This way people would learn about money, investments and what are ways to earn money for their pensioner years.