RSI - Oversold/Overbought swing strategy

Claud Lepathy

Trader
Apr 15, 2022
I have spent the last 3 years learning forex trading. I want to introduce you to a simple swing strategy which until now is very promising.

Currency Pairs:
GBPJPY, EURJPY, CHFJPY
Indicators:
RSI: 14, levels 70,30
RVI: 10

Time frame: H4

Buy entry:
Wait until starts crossing overbought line (70) from below, and the 2 RVI lines are moving up in parallel. As soon as the RSI crosses the overbought line from below you can but the market. Let the profit run.
Exit: (1) As soon as the RVI lines crosses (2) Or as soon as the RSI crosses the 70 line from above.
Stop loss: At own discretion.

Sell entry: Just the opposite of the buy entry.

I find this system to be better than the Over-RSI strategy published by HERMAN NTLADI which is the reverse. In Herman strategy, which is also on H4, the profit target is the mark where the Oversold starts to cross. This issue with that there is no clear rule where to enter the market since the market can remain in overbought/oversold area indefinitely.

Notice: Before entering the trade make sure there is no near upcoming news that can affect result of this strategy.

Disadvantage: Sometimes need to wait for days before the market reaches an overbought/oversold situation. But one can benefit from a much bigger profit.

Please try on Demo first.

Norbert Lepathy

Last edited:

penaltev

Trader
Feb 9, 2024
I have spent the last 3 years learning forex trading. I want to introduce you to a simple swing strategy which until now is very promising.

Currency Pairs:
GBPJPY, EURJPY, CHFJPY
Indicators:
RSI: 14, levels 70,30
RVI: 10

Time frame: H4

Buy entry:
Wait until starts crossing overbought line (70) from below, and the 2 RVI lines are moving up in parallel. As soon as the RSI crosses the overbought line from below you can but the market. Let the profit run.
Exit: (1) As soon as the RVI lines crosses (2) Or as soon as the RSI crosses the 70 line from above.
Stop loss: At own discretion.

Sell entry: Just the opposite of the buy entry.

I find this system to be better than the Over-RSI strategy published by HERMAN NTLADI which is the reverse. In Herman strategy, which is also on H4, the profit target is the mark where the Oversold starts to cross. This issue with that there is no clear rule where to enter the market since the market can remain in overbought/oversold area indefinitely.

Notice: Before entering the trade make sure there is no near upcoming news that can affect result of this strategy.

Disadvantage: Sometimes need to wait for days before the market reaches an overbought/oversold situation. But one can benefit from a much bigger profit.

Please try on Demo first.

Norbert Lepathy
Long experience, 3 years and has produced a good strategy with RSI. I think this is an achievement to be proud of, friend. Especially if you have made a lot of profit from this RSI strategy. The GBPJPY pair usually has a wide range every day. So this method will be effective. My trading at FXOpen currently only applies candlestick charts and 3 horizontal lines.