Regulated Brokers are no longer better than unregulated brokers

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
See here's the problem, when it comes to regulated brokers as opposed to unregulated ones, there's just no guarentee that you are going to get your money back. Simply put, in a few countries, the regulation in question may as well not exist, given the way they go about regulating these brokers..
I do agree that it may make sense to some, especially beginners to be wary and go for regulated brokers. But bottom line, you need to do the research, set up a nano account and after a period, make a call. That's what I do with all my brokers, from tradersway to alpari..
In short, regulated or not, if the broker is out to scam you, he will..

John_Davy

Confirmed 1LotSTP Representative
Nov 20, 2013
It all boils down to us, traders! We know the consequence in trading with unregulated brokers so we should understand the risk.

dealing with regulated is like having an insurance. but it also doesn't guarantee us!

Emibluz

Banned
Aug 22, 2013
It all boils down to us, traders! We know the consequence in trading with unregulated brokers so we should understand the risk.

dealing with regulated is like having an insurance. but it also doesn't guarantee us!

I wouldn't agree with the insurance part. At least there is a measure of guarantee with every insurance company. But with regulated forex brokers, there are no guarantees. Most of them that claim to segregate our funds are yet to provide proof of that. Why? Because they don't do that. So, if they go bankrupt, they'll definitely run away with our money before reporting it.

lowe

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Jan 28, 2014
This is what I think and I have my solid reasons. If you think otherwise, can you simply tell me why regulated brokers are better than unregulated brokers, because right now I really need good reasons. Also, please do not forget to state how much you have benefited by trading with any of them. Thanks

In my opinion, I don't really see any difference between them, all that matters is reliability. Most of them just use regulation as cover up, but in the real sense they just use it to restrict traders. Things can still go horribly wrong with a regulated broker as much as it would an unregulated one.

garena

Master Trader
Jan 28, 2014
IN some case, regulated broker is not better than unregulated but I prefer regulated. It's like my belief/

michael smith

Banned
Mar 4, 2014
This is what I think and I have my solid reasons. If you think otherwise, can you simply tell me why regulated brokers are better than unregulated brokers, because right now I really need good reasons. Also, please do not forget to state how much you have benefited by trading with any of them. Thanks

I worked only with brokers, that regulated by different authorities. I think, that it's better than non-regulated brokers, cause second one are engaged in arbitrariness. If tomorrow your broker company will disappear along with your funds what will you do? IMO.

Aby123

Active Trader
Mar 17, 2014
REgulated, at least you have registered names to be reported and others could be warned with the names they carry.

michael smith

Banned
Mar 4, 2014
Ok. for example: You have arrived to other country (m-m, in Russia). You need to exchange dollars (or Euro) to roubles. Where will you go at first :confused:? In bank :cool: or to guys :D who stand near exchange offices?

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
LOL, that is just about it..it all comes down to what's on the table and unregulated brokers, offer more. I guess in the end, you need to do your research and find out if the unregulated broker is worth your time or not..
As for risk, there's equal risk in both regulated and unregulated brokers. Sure you could file a complaint against regulated brokerages but as for action to be taken against the broker, don't expect much..

michael smith

Banned
Mar 4, 2014
LOL, that is just about it..it all comes down to what's on the table and unregulated brokers, offer more. I guess in the end, you need to do your research and find out if the unregulated broker is worth your time or not..
As for risk, there's equal risk in both regulated and unregulated brokers. Sure you could file a complaint against regulated brokerages but as for action to be taken against the broker, don't expect much..

That's what I told about. With regulated broker I feel protected in some way. I mean, I can show my claim to someone if something wrong. And what will you do with unregulated one?

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Here's the kicker, even when you do show you have been scammed by regulated brokers, the ones doing the regulating do not bother to take the complaint seriously enough or at most, fine the broker which they happily pay and it's back to business as usual.
And as for the protection, sorry to disabuse you of that notion but not much protection exists. I suppose you could show other traders about the broker and how they scammed you but that's about it. Which is why I use both regulated brokers and unregulated ones, I use FXCM, tradersway and Alpari, no prizes to the one who is more proactive to my queries and frankly the one I do most of my trades with. In the end, the individual needs to do the research on brokerages, from regulated to unregulated and make the right choice..

michael smith

Banned
Mar 4, 2014
Here's the kicker, even when you do show you have been scammed by regulated brokers, the ones doing the regulating do not bother to take the complaint seriously enough or at most, fine the broker which they happily pay and it's back to business as usual.

At least, fine the broker is already pleasurably :rolleyes:
EVIL MUST BE PUNISHED :D

akiko

Trader
Feb 26, 2014
Great compilation of self opinions on regulated brokers. As i read all the chit chat, i learned that it's still recommended to trade with regulated broker.

This will be like personal experiences from every traders thank you so much.

alexflemj

Active Trader
Nov 9, 2011
When choosing a broker I felt safer with regulated ones as well. Regulation varies from country to country, but at least I knew that if that certain broker disappears, my investment with them has a better chance to go back to my bank account.

Aby123

Active Trader
Mar 17, 2014
Doesn't matter whether regulated or not as long as their reviews are good and is highly recommended. In the end of the day it's only you who can tell whether you were satisfied with your broker.

Kate

Trader
Apr 10, 2014
Ukraine
Doesn't matter whether regulated or not as long as their reviews are good and is highly recommended. In the end of the day it's only you who can tell whether you were satisfied with your broker.

Nice words! But, as for me, regulation is needed.