Reflections about connection problems

FXfan

Trader
May 22, 2013
Hello,

The last days I had problems with my trading terminals. All of the show "No connection". I try everything possible, delete the cache, reinstall the terminals and etc. When I go to near bar with free Wifi. All my terminals working fine. So I reach on the Internet about this problems. I found many people who complain about such behavior in recent days. In one forum I found very interesting for me post. You can see it below:

I come in peace! I do not want to offend anyone! I do not want to lie to anyone! I think you have less negative attitude towards my words. So now I will explain everything in more details. If you have any other questions you can ask me.

1. The CDN is acronym of Content delivery network. Basic information how CDN networks works you can find here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_delivery_network If you want to have more knowledge about CDNs you must to read many book for network administration. Search with Google and will find many of it.

2. Now I will explain how MetaTrader protocol work. Read this information and will find answer of your questions - "all this networks are out of their control" and "they don't know what really happened with their Metatrader Servers network connections" how brokers can use "techniques to manipulate network latency to their servers".

Please open the link http://www.metaquotes.net/en/metatrader4 on new tab, because I will explain the situation using the this diagram from official MetaQuotes site. To be completely sure that I don't lie for anything you can open this image1 and this image2 where you can see how I installed MetaTrader4 servers and manage it.

As you can see from MataTrader 4 trading platform architecture the client's MetaTrader 4 terminals can connect to MetaTrader4 Server or to MetaTrader4 Data Center Server.

• The MetaTrader 4 Server is the core of the system where all trade transactions are processed and all historical data is stored and managed.
  • The MetaTrader 4 Data Center is a proxy server designed to increase platform scalability and security.

So the MetaTrader4 Servers are located in MetaQuotes CDN network. This is clearly visible and from MetaTrader 4 Client terminal installation. Please see this image3 as you can see all files comes from X.cdn.metaquotes.net, where X is the actual number of MetaQuotes CDN network nearest to your current location.

The brokers haven't real MetaTrader 4 Servers. They have only MetaTrader 4 Data Center servers. So what they do?

They install their MetaTrader4 Data Centers servers on VPS servers, Cloud Servers or very cheap dedicated servers located in their offices or cheap Tier-1 data centers. Then on their branded MetaTrader-4 client terminals MetaQuotes add the broker's proxy servers as MetaTrader 4 server. As a result, you the normal traders which don't understand the networks are deceived! You think that your broker have 2,3,4,5 or more "data centers", servers and etc located on the whole world, but the reality is completely different. Your broker have only several VPS servers or normal PCs as yours located on several different location. Your Mt4 client terminals are connected to this broker's proxy, Then the proxy (MetaTrader 4 Data Center server) forward your requests to real MetaTrader 4 Server located on CDN network of MetaQuotes or maybe your requests are forward from broker's proxy to another proxy under control of MetaQuotes. Nobody except MetaQuotes don't know what really happened, because the MetaTrader 4 Data Center Servers (these are the proxy servers) are designed to look like as normal MetaTrader 4 Server.

Do not believe a word of brokers! They are liars! Please think:

The broker's servers can have network connection problems. They depend from internet service providers, hosting providers and etc things.
The broker's servers have firewalls as yours. Why you think that broker firewall can not block your IP address?
The broker's servers can crash, can be misconfigured and etc. Why you think that this things can not happen?
The broker's servers can be overloaded, can be under DoS and DDoS attack. Why you think that this is impossible? The google, amazon and etc companies were down due attacks.
The MetaQuotes can block or reject the requests from which comes from your broker proxy.
All above problems can impact MetaQuotes. So your VPS provider and Broker to be up and running, but if MetaQuotes have problems you will have problems too.
Think, think and think again is my advice!
P.S> if you want in another topic or here I can explain you and how VPS providers lie you for the network latency of their VPS servers. Some of them manipulate the network too.

The source is here

What do you think about the above quoted text?

I think that everything this guy says is true. Especially after see this http://support.thinkforex.com/index.php?/News/NewsItem/View/22/platform-connection-issue---mt4

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Yes, I agree with statements like these:
The broker's servers can have network connection problems. They depend from internet service providers, hosting providers and etc things.
The broker's servers have firewalls as yours.
The broker's servers can crash, can be misconfigured and etc.
The broker's servers can be overloaded, can be under DoS and DDoS attack.

But not this:
As a result, you the normal traders which don't understand the networks are deceived!