Recursive self-improvement software for automated trading?

Catherine

Trader
Aug 21, 2014
I believe that it is possible to create a machine learning and recursive self-improvement software for automated trading on financial markets. Also I believe that some companies are investing in that, but what about Open Source Software ?
Does there exist a project under some Open-Source license? Free software license? Are there enthusiasts who want to create such project, say, under the GNU LGPL terms?
In my view it has to be a software developer-oriented product, not an end user (meaning "trader") oriented product, which probably will require knowledge of programming language(s) for customization and will supply less GUI. That should maximize the efficiency.

Best Regards
Catherine

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
It is a fact that 95% of automated trading systems end up failing; either losing a bunch or just barely staying alive. Trading with automated trading systems is not going to make you rich and more likely they will make you poor if you trade them in real accounts. It is estimated that 95% or more of the automated trading system will turn out to be unprofitable over time. That is an unfortunate fact.