Question About EA Backtest and Live Test

ddp337

Trader
Mar 29, 2012
Hello everyone, I'm new to forex and very interested in EA. Currently I'm doing back test for several EAs using MT4 and the results seem nice. However, when I used the same EA on live test on my demo account, the results are somehow different.

For example, some EAs trade 10+ per day on back test but didn't open even one single position for more than one week on live test on demo account. Just wondering did anybody run into same problem before? Any advice is highly appreciated on how to do a reliable backtest and find out reliable and profitable EA via MT4: )

ddp337

Trader
Mar 29, 2012
Thank you so much Enivid. Yeah, the tricky part is it doesn't show any error msg under Journal column. I mean if it did, I could still have other ways to look into it:-(

And the most tricky part is, for some EAs even I used the same day data to do both test (for example, I did live test on Monday and used Monday as the specific day to run back test at the end of day), different behaviors (and results for sure) were observed. That really drives me crazy. So I'm wondering how do you normally run a back test. Would you recommend me some reliable sources for high-quality data and platform?

Thank you in advance.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Most of the EA's in the market are designed to make money for one person, the developer who came up with it in the first place. You're better off, learning more about forex and currency trading and opting for manual trading.
And yes, when back tests and forward tests differ, that usually indicative of a scam EA, just my 2 cents..