Position size always sets to 0.01 on USDJPY but not other pairs

José321

Jul 17, 2022
Hey everyone! Hope you’re well. I'm having an issue trading the USDJPY on MT4 via trading view and pine connector. I set my position size to 1% for all my trades. This works fine on all pairs baring the Yen. I'm guessing it's because the Yen measures it's pips differently. I set my trades up based on price and SL, always 1%. But all my trades are set to the minimum allowed 0.01
Note that this doesn’t happen when i am using a demo account through the same broker (BlackBull) only on my live account. Also note this doesn't happen when using a Mac OS, only Windows OS. This is a problem as i want to run my system through a VPS.
I have gone round in circles with my coder for trading view, Pineconnector and BlackBull, no one knows! There is no helpline for Metatrader but i can only think it's some setting in the Windows MT4? I'm truly stuck and would love any help someone could offer, thank you very much in advanced.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I'd try to guess that the problem is with the Pine Connector. Also, if you have a developer that can look into it, it would be worth looking what data the Pine Connector is sending to MT4. Does it send '0.01'? If so, the problem isn't in MT4.

José321

Jul 17, 2022
Hey Enivid, thanks for your reply. Solved the issue. It was not converting my NZD currency into USD so reverting to default 0.01 position size. So i now use a USD trading pot therefore removing the need to convert every trade, thanks again!