obtain bitcoin using MT4 platform !??

momoaal

Jan 12, 2020
Hi ..
i am very new to Meta trader 4/5 platform ...
i tried trading cryptocurrency over Bittrex , Poloniex , Binance ... and other similar platforms ..
but MT4 is very different for me !
in Crypto platforms (Bittrex , Poloniex for example ) , i can deposit USD$ , then buy bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency ..
i can keep my bitcoin balance in my digital wallet .. trade it , sell it .. transfer it ....etc
now , in MT4 platform , i found out that i can make deposit in USD , using different payment methods (Visa/Mastercard , Netteler , Skril , Perfect Money ...etc )
according to the available payment methods of the broker MT4 client ..
so , my question is : is it possible to Buy (obtain ) bitcoin over MT4 platform , using my USD account balance ,
and then add it (transfer it ) to my digital wallet (available by my online broker ) ??

i am still comparing different Forex brokers .. to decide which one is more comfortable for me until i found out that many forex platforms
use MT4 /MT5 as trading platform ... !

forgive me , i am completely new to MT4 .. i keep comparing it with previous Cryptocurrency platforms.. and that makes me really confused !!
Thank you :)

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello and welcome to the forum, @momoaal!

is it possible to Buy (obtain ) bitcoin over MT4 platform , using my USD account balance ,
and then add it (transfer it ) to my digital wallet (available by my online broker ) ??

No, this is not possible.

MT4 platform was devised as a speculative platform with margin trading in mind. You can buy (or sell) a BTC/USD pair there on a leverage (up to 1:5 is a norm) and then close the position to realize the profit or loss (normally, in USD). You cannot use it to convert one currency into another.

• 👍
Reactions: momoaal