Newbie needs advice

smurphy

Active Trader
Apr 24, 2009
Tokyo
hey I am a newbie and im doing a marketing project for my company on FOREX, im looking for experienced traders to answer a few questions?

Mainly just about how they found out about FOREX? what made them decide to trade? How successful they`ve been (doesnt need to be money specific just in general)? Most importantly im looking to see what motivated them to choose their particular broker and why? internet based vs branch based? Is a personal relationship between broker and trader a good thing? What factors they look for when choosing a broker (i.e. leverage, commission, support?)?

Id love any feedback even just if its for one or two of the above questions? if you want you can reply through this thread or through a PM.

Once again thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully replying as I need all the help I can get!!!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1. I've found out about Forex on one of the forums back in 2005.
2. Interest.
3. Profitable but wouldn't be able to live from just trading.
4. I am currently trading with the broker I've started with, which I had chosen because of the low minimum account size required.
5. Internet based.
6. Don't know.
7. All factors are important. But support, platform and deposit/withdrawal methods are most important, in my opinion.

FXexpert

Master Trader
Dec 13, 2008
1. On a forum back in November 2005
2. Needed to make money
3. Relatively profitable, it's a nice income on the side
4. fxopen
5. definitely internet based, reading traders experience & advertising
6. A personal relationship is very helpful
7. I have a list of factors

pde10d

Master Trader
Feb 27, 2009
KLCC MAS
hey I am a newbie and im doing a marketing project for my company on FOREX, im looking for experienced traders to answer a few questions?

Mainly just about how they found out about FOREX? what made them decide to trade? How successful they`ve been (doesnt need to be money specific just in general)? Most importantly im looking to see what motivated them to choose their particular broker and why? internet based vs branch based? Is a personal relationship between broker and trader a good thing? What factors they look for when choosing a broker (i.e. leverage, commission, support?)?

Id love any feedback even just if its for one or two of the above questions? if you want you can reply through this thread or through a PM.

Once again thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully replying as I need all the help I can get!!!

1. I've found out about Forex on a forums back in april 2006
2. Need to make money
3. Profitable
4-not sure
5. Internet based. mostly -advertising
6. Relationship
7. All factor you say is very2 important...mostly support

andy003

Master Trader
Jan 7, 2009
I have studied financial economics and from the time i studied i was knowing what is forex. but interest generates after my friend tell me how he is making decent amount only by spending couple of hours in front of monitor.
No limit to earn returns forces me to trade.
I chosen my broker because my friend told me about their outstanding service and what else a rookie trader wants.
Each point is important while selecting broker. But most importantly withdrawal should be hassle free and very specific.
Yes absolutely personal relationship always works for both.

JEAN

Active Trader
May 6, 2009
1. A couple of friends were into forex
2. Making money under my own rules (no time to do, or place to be at etc.)
3. Profitable:)
4. When I started I tried 2diff demo accounts. Then I chose acm because of their regulation and because they have 4 very complete and easy to use platforms.
5. internet based
6. You have to trust and feel comfortable with your broker.
7. every factor is very important: regulation, spreads, support, no-re quote, platforms…

FXexpert

Master Trader
Dec 13, 2008
Your 7th point is the best, always cross all your T's & dot all your I's in Forex, every aspect of your trading is very important.

Sofia

Master Trader
Jun 20, 2009
yes, each factor plays an important role to evaluate forex broker and determine which suits us best.

miskec

Active Trader
Mar 16, 2009
1. Friend told me about it.
2. Great possibility of profiting
3. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good
4. By reading some reviews over the internet
5. Yes it is, its easier to communicate
6. Commission, support, scalping, etc.

Sofia

Master Trader
Jun 20, 2009
hmm... Thats means your friend must be very smart and intelligent in forex trading....

Kidding...

Forexplayer

Active Trader
Aug 12, 2009
Croatia
www.forex-robot-advice.com
? what made them decide to trade? How successful they`ve been (doesnt need to be money specific just in general)? Most importantly im looking to see what motivated them to choose their particular broker and why? internet based vs branch based? Is a personal relationship between broker and trader a good thing? What factors they look for when choosing a broker (i.e. leverage, commission, support?)?

1. Found out about it by reading an article in 2008.
2. Some quick money
3. Pocket money, couldn't make a living off it. (yet!)
4. low minimum account size required.
5. Internet based.
6. Personal relationship = Bad thing.
7. Factors.... hmm, support and leverage, i'd say.

Sofia

Master Trader
Jun 20, 2009
Well, You must develop your own unique trading plan and it should reflect the kind of trader you are. There is no point in formulating a trading plan that does not reflect your personality and your trading style. Your trading plan should aim to lessen if not eliminate your losses totally.

Preplan the size of your forex transaction. It is always better to do different trades than one big trade. But this is not a hard and fast rule. It’s always up to you. Alongside your trading plan, develop the virtues of discipline and proper money management.

Forex247

Active Trader
Sep 14, 2009
I originally saw a banner advertisement on a site a long time ago and looked into it further after this. I thought it was interesting and opened a demo account up. It was very confusing at first. It took me a good year until I really understood what I was doing. I wasted thousands of Dollars trading in the beginning but I have to say that I still think it was all worth it. It gave me learning experience and saved me from making somebody else filthy rich everyday. A good broker to me is one that does not manipulate orders or prices. A good broker to me will make money only on pip spreads. Leverage, deposit/withdrawal methods, trading platform, and customer service are very important to me also.

alessio09

Master Trader
Jun 9, 2009
Features of a good broker

You need to find a broker offering very competetive spreads and swaps, trading in various instruments. It should provide updated Forex software. The company is considered to be good if their clients stick to it.

I`ve started trading with Forex Limited and they meet my needs. You may visit their website to have your own impression.