My friend's holy grail

pipsbuster

Active Trader
Apr 3, 2009
Hi everyone,

I have this kiddo friend of mine who is covertly known as a trading prodigy in some Forex circles despite his rather young years. Judging by the Jaguar XF he drives and by the fact that he has no mortgage on his luxury apartment in his mid-twenties, I take it he is pretty successful with his trading, cause that's all he now does for living, despite having been schooled in several fields.

I got to know him through some mutual acquaintances working for Forex brokers. The brokers do not quite like this guy in my understanding for an apparent reason yet he must have some dealings with them, as he regularly attends their expos worldwide and is on a first name basis with quite a few of their bosses.

He has recently shared with me a couple of tick data backtests of his most recent EA for EURUSD and GBPUSD showing an untold combined net profit of 730% over the last 2.5 years. According to his words, one pair always makes up for the other one whenever a losing trade (or a series of them) occurs, despite the two pairs being known to behave similarly and sharing the same trading strategy.

He created this EA for participation in an online contest at forexsensation (please, don't consider as advertising - I've never liked this flashy stuff but maybe it's just me). I have also seen his live trading with Pepperstone where the trades on his live account pretty accurately match those on his tick data backtests. However, I did not get the privilege to receive an actual copy of the EA from him. He says he might share it with me after the contest is over but we are yet to see that happening.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure what the damn thing might be all about based on the backtest reports and settings. Clearly, I lack expertise on the matter, so this forum looks like an ideal place for this task - well, at least as good as it can get.

I am attaching the original backtest reports and their combination produced in a program called ReportManager. This program, however, merely adds up the trades, not calculating the impact of the lot and balance change over the course of two pairs being traded simultaneously (and I don't even know if a program doing that even exists).

Any thoughts as to what his strategy can be as well as attempts to reconstruct it in an EA would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• EU2011-2013.htm
    150.2 KB · Views: 51
  • EU2011-2013.gif
    EU2011-2013.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 85
  • GU2011-2013.htm
    272.1 KB · Views: 33
  • GU2011-2013.gif
    GU2011-2013.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 61
  • CombinedBacktestReport.htm
    196.2 KB · Views: 24
  • CombinedBacktestReport.png
    CombinedBacktestReport.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 58

baru13

Trader
Jun 18, 2013
Hi everyone,

I have this kiddo friend of mine who is covertly known as a trading prodigy in some Forex circles despite his rather young years. Judging by the Jaguar XF he drives and by the fact that he has no mortgage on his luxury apartment in his mid-twenties, I take it he is pretty successful with his trading, cause that's all he now does for living, despite having been schooled in several fields.

I got to know him through some mutual acquaintances working for Forex brokers. The brokers do not quite like this guy in my understanding for an apparent reason yet he must have some dealings with them, as he regularly attends their expos worldwide and is on a first name basis with quite a few of their bosses.

He has recently shared with me a couple of tick data backtests of his most recent EA for EURUSD and GBPUSD showing an untold combined net profit of 730% over the last 2.5 years. According to his words, one pair always makes up for the other one whenever a losing trade (or a series of them) occurs, despite the two pairs being known to behave similarly and sharing the same trading strategy.

He created this EA for participation in an online contest at forexsensation (please, don't consider as advertising - I've never liked this flashy stuff but maybe it's just me). I have also seen his live trading with Pepperstone where the trades on his live account pretty accurately match those on his tick data backtests. However, I did not get the privilege to receive an actual copy of the EA from him. He says he might share it with me after the contest is over but we are yet to see that happening.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure what the damn thing might be all about based on the backtest reports and settings. Clearly, I lack expertise on the matter, so this forum looks like an ideal place for this task - well, at least as good as it can get.

I am attaching the original backtest reports and their combination produced in a program called ReportManager. This program, however, merely adds up the trades, not calculating the impact of the lot and balance change over the course of two pairs being traded simultaneously (and I don't even know if a program doing that even exists).

Any thoughts as to what his strategy can be as well as attempts to reconstruct it in an EA would be greatly appreciated.

Hi..could you please attachment the real account result or attachment that EA for sharing.. thanks you:)