MT4 - Going to specific price level

radaway

Trader
Oct 5, 2016
in mt4 , if I need to home in to a specific price (for example lets take 1.30200 on the shown chart : https://s13.postimg.org/lzjtl9j6v/image.jpg ), then at present I press the middle mouse button and try to reach that price with the hand. this is not accurate and as shown , I can reach 1.30198 and then a slight movement with the hand will overshoot the price but not take me to 1.30200. Is there a way I can zoom into the exact price level ( x & y axis)? something on the lines of like in the 'notepad ++' (ctrl + G) functionality...go straight to where you want to be .

which brings me to another question, I think I saw somewhere on a forum there are other user freindly platforms other than mt4, I can't recollect the name ,neither the post ..but can anyone suggest some..

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
in mt4 , if I need to home in to a specific price (for example lets take 1.30200 on the shown chart .
//----

hey rad..... you can right click on the chart and using the properties set the scale fix to your desired range..... then stretch out the grid gradient on the right hand side by left click and hold then dragging the mouse pointer up..... you should be able to set the entire screen to where it covers only 1 pip...... it might take some playing with.....

metastock is another platform I use but it's pricey...... metatrader is of course free..... if having to choose between the 2, it'd be a close call but metatrader would win even if both were free.....h

• 👍
Reactions: radaway

radaway

Trader
Oct 5, 2016
ok, so I suppose (other than the above) theres no other way , where i can feed in the value, hit enter and it takes me immediately there. would have been nice if this func. was made available.

radaway

Trader
Oct 5, 2016
Hi Enivid
<What do you mean by "takes you immediately there"?>
I have attached a small video showing what I mean :

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
btw....are cTrader and NinjaTrader free or just demo versions first and then paid subscription later ?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
The video shows how you go to a line of code - I know perfectly how it works. I still don't understand what you mean by going to some price level in MT4.

Let's assume that you pressed Alt+G and entered 1.1012 - what happens?

btw....are cTrader and NinjaTrader free or just demo versions first and then paid subscription later ?
cTrader is free for traders. NinjaTrader is paid as far as I remember. Perhaps, it can be free if you use their brokerage.

radaway

Trader
Oct 5, 2016
<I still don't understand what you mean by going to some price level in MT4.>

say O want to reach a price of 1.02345 on the chart (but not with the mouse action). so I enter a hotkey combination -->enter the price-->mt4 takes the user to the price on the Y(visually) -axis..and also marks a horizontal X -axis line automatically . something like this: http://s21.postimg.org/r7lcf3hmv/image.png
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

<Let's assume that you pressed Alt+G and entered 1.1012 - what happens?>
alt +G on mt4 did not bring up anything much for me (or maybe I need to 'switch' this key combination 'on' from somewhere in mt4 ? I checked the hot key combinations but did not see one with alt +G)

radaway

Trader
Oct 5, 2016
btw ..<I know perfectly how it works> .. I know you are a Master Programmer too(amongst other things) :)

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Now I see. The best option you have is to place a horizontal line and set its price level via properties. No way to do that natively via hotkeys only without mouse interaction. However, you can use something like http://ahkscript.org/ to make your own hotkey for that.

alt +G on mt4 did not bring up anything much for me (or maybe I need to 'switch' this key combination 'on' from somewhere in mt4 ? I checked the hot key combinations but did not see one with alt +G)
I was speaking hypothetically.

• 👍
Reactions: radaway