Journal (mt4)

radaway

Trader
Oct 5, 2016
Hi All

I have two queries on the Journal (mt4)

1) how do I save the journal to a log file( text or csv...doesnt matter). ? or can I see the complete logfiles from inside the mt4 installation ?

2) this is actually a sub derivative of the 1st query. If I shut down mt4 or the PC then next time it only shows the new session logs in the Journal. so where can I find the complete history from.?

Thanks in advance

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1) how do I save the journal to a log file( text or csv...doesnt matter). ? or can I see the complete logfiles from inside the mt4 installation ?
If you are talking about the Journal tab of the MT4 terminal, you can select all rows (using Shift+click) and then selecting Copy in right-click menu. Then, you can paste it into a file. Not sure why you need it though.

2) this is actually a sub derivative of the 1st query. If I shut down mt4 or the PC then next time it only shows the new session logs in the Journal. so where can I find the complete history from.?

Right-click -> View. There, you can select any date range.

• 👍
Reactions: radaway

radaway

Trader
Oct 5, 2016
Thanks Enivid !
<Not sure why you need it though.>
actually I was missing the history of some orders that have closed but I dont know 'why'. The journal mentions the reason behind the closes and I wanted to see what happened on (say) sept 29 last month..but now I know. would be better to upload the log file to a text or csv format , and then user could search on comments or keywords..but I think it could also be done via the way shown here. Cheers