Is country relevant to earning from Forex?

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
thanks fxpipper for the heads up, just today i've learnedd of a broker opening an office here and there required a CES license or something, I guess little by little specially when the government realized the potential of forex there will be more rules to abide by :)

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Oh yeah and do not even get me started on the tax rules as they apply to Forex earnings..
But yes, in the future, we can expect more and more regulations to come into play. The forex market, while in principle remains unrestricted the reality is somewhat different.

Astro_Forex

Trader
May 11, 2012
Regulations usually are in a grey area:your trading does NOT take place in your country but in the one where the operation desks are!. :) .I don´t think it´s important, there´s a lot of places starting now in Forex where you would never have thought about it,just check places like [link removed] (in spanish) and you´ll see that even in LatinAmerica is starting a great Forex rush.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
On the part about forex trading taking place online or where the OP desks are, yes. But at the end of the day, you will withdraw your earnings back to your bank/CC and these are usually routed through local bank networks.
So yes, regulations can impact your trading but this differs from one country to the other. Some enact legislation to protect their interests while others seek to cap the earnings, go figure.
But one thing you can count on, you still have to pay the tax man..

Jan 30, 2017
According to my knowledge, different brokers accept traders/ investors from different part of the world. However, it also depends upon the regulation adopted by the broker. Like FCA regulated broker would not accept traders/investors from USA. This is because USA regulatory authority SEC abides the traders to do it.

Therefore, to find out if a broker accepts clients from Romania, you would need to go & find the various brokers. Definitely, there are brokers in the industry who accept clients from all over the world. You can definitely check for them & open your account there.