HOW TO DEAL WITH FOREX SOCIAL STIGMA?

Mar 23, 2024
Hey guys

I'm going through a rough time in my country Uganda dealing with the social stigma associated with Forex Trading amongst my country people. It is hard sometimes to even explain what exactly it is that you do when you consider how many losses you've made in the past before becoming a profitable trader.

It hurts when some family member in need rejects your donation because it is considered "dirty money". For some people in the world, Forex Traders might forever be looked at as "thieves".

Guys, it's really demoralising. I'm a Christian (sorry to bring in faith here, but I felt its serious) and most people in the church would rather be more welcoming to ex-murderers and corrupt government officials than traders! One lady told me; "I love you brother, but you need to get an honest means of earning to gain real respect".

I had thought that once I began earning a little, this would change. Instead, the stigma is worse.

I need help and support dealing with this insecurity if I should call it.

How do you guys deal with this?

Thanks

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
What's most important is whether you accept it yourself. You should be 100% OK with this if you want to be a trader. Otherwise it won't matter if other people accept or reject it. Your life will be miserable anyway.

For social acceptance, it might be difficult in smaller rural communities where there can be prejudice against Forex traders and also difficult to avoid people who see it as an issue.

If this is a question of religious acceptance, you need to seek out the counsel of your religious authority on this. This will also help to settle it with other members of your community who reject your job on religious grounds.

Finally, you can consider an option of moving away to a bigger city. After all, there is no obligation for the members of your current community to accept you and, similarly, there is no obligation for you to remain a part of it.

• 👍
Reactions: Dependable_Keph

Phill88

Trader
Dec 17, 2023
Germany
Navigating social stigma around forex trading isn't easy, but here's my approach: I educate myself, surround myself with supportive people, let my results do the talking, and stay confident in my abilities

• 👍
Reactions: Dependable_Keph
Mar 23, 2024
What's most important is whether you accept it yourself. You should be 100% OK with this if you want to be a trader. Otherwise it won't matter if other people accept or reject it. Your life will be miserable anyway.

For social acceptance, it might be difficult in smaller rural communities where there can be prejudice against Forex traders and also difficult to avoid people who see it as an issue.

If this is a question of religious acceptance, you need to seek out the counsel of your religious authority on this. This will also help to settle it with other members of your community who reject your job on religious grounds.

Finally, you can consider an option of moving away to a bigger city. After all, there is no obligation for the members of your current community to accept you and, similarly, there is no obligation for you to remain a part of it.
Thank you. This is very helpful
Post automatically merged:

Navigating social stigma around forex trading isn't easy, but here's my approach: I educate myself, surround myself with supportive people, let my results do the talking, and stay confident in my abilities
Thank you. Very helpful