How worried are you about Ukraine?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
The media has talked plenty about it and in most cases given you their opinion. The currencies most affected are not tradeable by most of you guys in this forum so how worried are you really about it? In my case I do not really care too much as it has a very limited impact on my own forex trades.

Sure the Japanese Yen and Swiss Franc moved a few pips, but overall the forex market outside the currencies impacted by the Ukrainian situation largely ignored developments for now. The impacts have been felt in other parts of the financial market.

wisetrada

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2014
The media has talked plenty about it and in most cases given you their opinion. The currencies most affected are not tradeable by most of you guys in this forum so how worried are you really about it? In my case I do not really care too much as it has a very limited impact on my own forex trades.

Sure the Japanese Yen and Swiss Franc moved a few pips, but overall the forex market outside the currencies impacted by the Ukrainian situation largely ignored developments for now. The impacts have been felt in other parts of the financial market.

The media exaggerates too much. The situation in Ukraine is calm. Even in Crimea, the citizens are moving freely. Well, with regards to forex trading, I saw the EURCHF gap yesterday, and some might have taken advantage of this. As a forex trader, I try to turn negative events into positive trades.

vicknic

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Jan 21, 2014
Netherlands
www.profiforex.com
I would bet on short EUR/USD position if current situation escalates to a war (which is highly unlikely), otherwise the situation is too weak to significantly affect the major currency pairs.

It might escalate to a minor clash because the opposition party won't back down easily. I foresee some gun exchange between the government and the rebel group (This is what I call any group that opposes the government).

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
None at all, for it all comes down to zero sum game. Given this scenario, other than a real outbreak of hostilities, resulting in an actual war rather than a phony one, the fx market is not going to react much. However, should things spiral out of control, which it might given EU-Ukraine's determination to go ahead, we may see USD and other currencies getting impacted right across the board..

fxapex

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2013
Situation in ukraine has not impacted the market largely, the market been fairly calm wait till advancement from the European countries are made...

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Metals are always a safe haven, irrespective of what happens with Ukraine. For the record, so far, the market has seen little volatility due to the Ukraine affair..and would not see much until there's actual action on the ground which we can hope it does not come to..