how to set take profit area in martigale system

rudychiang

Jun 20, 2020
is there a formula to calculate the take profit area if I use a martingale system where the distance between open is not always the same and the lot size is also different

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
In Martingale, the next profit should always be 2 times (or N times) the previous loss. So, if your position size is determined by some other factor, you can calculate your TP as:
PreviousLoss * N / (1LotPipValue * PositionSize)
For example, if your previous loss was $100, you want the next profit to be twice as large, the pip value is $10 (e.g., you trade EUR/USD), and the the lot size is 0.5, then TP = $100 * 2 / ($10 * 0.5) = 40 pips.

However, I strongly recommend against trading with any kind of Martingale strategy - it will bring you only ruin and grief.

rudychiang

Jun 20, 2020
In Martingale, the next profit should always be 2 times (or N times) the previous loss. So, if your position size is determined by some other factor, you can calculate your TP as:
PreviousLoss * N / (1LotPipValue * PositionSize)
For example, if your previous loss was $100, you want the next profit to be twice as large, the pip value is $10 (e.g., you trade EUR/USD), and the the lot size is 0.5, then TP = $100 * 2 / ($10 * 0.5) = 40 pips.

However, I strongly recommend against trading with any kind of Martingale strategy - it will bring you only ruin and grief.
thank you