how to read wicks shadow

wakmon

Trader
Jun 8, 2012
How to read wicks candle ?
can I use wicks to predict what next candle will show ? bearish or bullish..

Thanks.

Attachments

• wicks.png
    wicks.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 11

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
How to read wicks candle ?

Wicks are essential parts of candles, so together with the body they form candlestick patterns. Extremely short wicks show lack of attempts to establish new price levels in that direction. Extremely long wicks show that such attempts were made but eventually failed.

can I use wicks to predict what next candle will show ? bearish or bullish..

No, you cannot.

wakmon

Trader
Jun 8, 2012
Wicks are essential parts of candles, so together with the body they form candlestick patterns. Extremely short wicks show lack of attempts to establish new price levels in that direction. Extremely long wicks show that such attempts were made but eventually failed.

No, you cannot.

Thanks enivid, so in other word, wick is reversal price ?... because the candle form is not success to make full body ?..

Easy Trader

Master Trader
Sep 17, 2011
Thanks enivid, so in other word, wick is reversal price ?... because the candle form is not success to make full body ?..

The wick is just the high/low range of the given time period you are trading, not always a reversal in price. There are candle formations that you can study that have wicks and quite often prelude price reversals. While technically you are right a reversal of price is usually interprited as a trend change or a pullback-correction in trend. The small ups-downs are more or less looked at as market noise or minor order-flow. At least thats how I look at it, if anyone feels different I stand corrected.:)