How much in a lot?

luis_secado

Trader
Aug 23, 2022
I opened 4 orders in USD_JPY. The lot size is 8. How much is each lot? This is a demo account. I don´t know how to calculate how much do I have to pay for each of these 4 orders? My profit, after 4 hours is US$ 12,600 aprox. My question is: How much do I need for opening 4 orders of 8 lots each? Thanks...!

Attachments

• 4_orders.png
    4_orders.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 4

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
I opened 4 orders in USD_JPY. The lot size is 8. How much is each lot? This is a demo account. I don´t know how to calculate how much do I have to pay for each of these 4 orders? My profit, after 4 hours is US$ 12,600 aprox. My question is: How much do I need for opening 4 orders of 8 lots each? Thanks...!
//----

hey luis.... look at your picture..... margin 6400..... you must be using a 500:1 broker.....

course that is not how you want to find it out..... you need to know in advance.....

there are many margin required calculators on the net.... most brokers have one.....

or you can use a script like here..... it's a script so put it in your scripts folder.....

it has an input so you can adjust your lot size..... it prints the value to experts journal and puts a comment in upper left corner of the chart.....

that's the minimum..... figure on needing 2 or 3 that amount at least......

no one drives to work with the exact amount of gas required.....h

//----

usdjpy-d1-oanda-division1-margin.png

Attachments

• margin required.ex4
    5.6 KB · Views: 1
  • margin required.mq4
    1.1 KB · Views: 3

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1 standard lot is usually 100,000 of the base currency (USD in case of USD/JPY), so 8 lots is 800,000 USD. Four trades of 8 lots each is 3.2 mln. USD. As has been already mentioned by @hayseed, your broker set aside $6,400 of your account's money as the margin required to keep those trades open. This means that you are trading with 1:500 leverage.

luis_secado

Trader
Aug 23, 2022
//----

hey luis.... look at your picture..... margin 6400..... you must be using a 500:1 broker.....

course that is not how you want to find it out..... you need to know in advance.....

there are many margin required calculators on the net.... most brokers have one.....

or you can use a script like here..... it's a script so put it in your scripts folder.....

it has an input so you can adjust your lot size..... it prints the value to experts journal and puts a comment in upper left corner of the chart.....

//----

//----

//----

Thank you Hayseed!
Post automatically merged:

1 standard lot is usually 100,000 of the base currency (USD in case of USD/JPY), so 8 lots is 800,000 USD. Four trades of 8 lots each is 3.2 mln. USD. As has been already mentioned by @hayseed, your broker set aside $6,400 of your account's money as the margin required to keep those trades open. This means that you are trading with 1:500 leverage.
Thank you Enivid!