How many test accounts did you need?

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Maybe he use 50 account on demo in raw, after one account get mc or expired then will created one another account and try again, and they can backtesting many system trading using these account and look the best result from one system trading and strategy

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
test/demo accounts i used are a lot, i cant even remember how many really uptodate i still use demo accounts every now and then if needed. the good thing about demo accounts its free never the less.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
test/demo accounts i used are a lot, i cant even remember how many really uptodate i still use demo accounts every now and then if needed. the good thing about demo accounts its free never the less.
Still become wise decision to use demo account to practice, rather than rush to jump on real account but still lack in experience it will only waste money because real account is harder than demo account because already involved emotion in trades, usually felt fear and also greedy will appear in minds

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
I just 'messed' up a test account on forex.com and, since I didn't have too much time to understand how this all goes, I'm sure I would need at least 1 more go for a test if not more.

Were you able to learn faster? How many test accounts did you need?

I've lost count, but still trading demo accounts to test new ideas. I've been at this since 2007!

somenews

Trader
Apr 6, 2016
i have 3 demo accounts and I still dont think about open live account.
it's virtual money, but if you can't win in demo, you'll never earn even a coin in live trading.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Yes right, demo market and real market is remain same, if still often fail in demo it's mean also will fail in real account, and success in demo will help success in real account although can't giving guarantee succeed, if any trader want to bult up better psychology hence they need use real account, it will involved emotion usually

Al-Benino

Trader
May 14, 2016
Canada
Hey everyone,
I've been reading the comments and I would have to say I agree with a lot of you. I really believe that there is no success without failure. If you do not fail and see how you can improve your methods you will not get anywhere big. However, there are many ways were you can tune the strategies you are using in order to get the best result. This means going forward with your optimal approach towards a market that you are tracking.
Furthermore, you can update yourself with material that are flowing into the web and being written in books to keep yourself on track.
I can suggest a very good book that I enjoyed and opened my horizon on FxTrading:
"The Little Book of Currency Trading: How to Make Big Profits in the World of Forex" - By Kathy Lein (Sold in amazon for $51.00)
This book was published in 2010 which is not recent but it still poses a great asset to all those who are just beginning their journey in the market.
I have other sources that could guide the newcomers too, but for the length of this thread I will keep it at this.
Let me know if you need any guidance.
Cheers, V

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
If any trader they have good money to buying ebook, it's good they can learn from various source, and they can understand, but will better they also take action with practice even use dmeo account, don't rush jump in real account if in demo account still often fail, because real one will more difficult than demo

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Demo accounts have only ONE purpose in life . . . For you to find out how the platform works. Once you know that you need to open a live account ASAP and play/win/lose with real money. The only way to learn unfortunately is the hard way - just don't open an account with the rent money - only money you can afford to lose.

RichardTrade

Trader
Mar 15, 2016
Agree with Maverick!I have also many demo accounts.Only when you trade live you will understand your own strengths and weaknesses(real money involved).

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
If any trader only practice in demo only few week, might will felt different if they jump tpo real account, usually in real account will full with emotion pressure, fear losing money also greediness might messed up plan trading that already pepared on demo account

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
I think we will never know if never trying, demo account is type account that provided by broker to get started in learning process with free of risk of course because in demo only use virtual money

Twin butterfly

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2016
Demo accounts are useful in learning and test trading strategies, but the real different. By this account not only newbies but also professionals apply their new strategy and can examine with it. I think, doing trade with demo account is the most effective way to learn.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Demo accounts are useful in learning and test trading strategies, but the real different. By this account not only newbies but also professionals apply their new strategy and can examine with it. I think, doing trade with demo account is the most effective way to learn.
I see certain trader willingly to spemnt time practice in demo more than two years because won't to losing money in real account, seriousness learning in demo might help much later if alredy start in real account

Twin butterfly

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2016
In my point of view , demo account can learn about strategy which you create yourself and apply demo account. So that does not matter how many numbers of demo accounts you have washed for learning new.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Demo account can used for various purposes, if any trader they want to test using certain indicator also can use on demo account to test drive indicator, if any trader want test new ea, demo account also useful and free from risk

Twin butterfly

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2016
Exactly what i said in my comment. The most powerful feature of Forex is having demo account to learn all the concepts before we actually work with live account.