how long to trade in demo before going live?

D.Bernfeld

Dec 3, 2019
After all, the main thing is not how long, but whether your strategy is reliable. You should always remember that a demo account is not real trading. In real trading, everything will be different. I advise you to try yourself in real trading immediately after you master the basic skills on a demo account in order to feel this difference. On a real account, you need to start with the minimum amounts without using leverage.

Deara11

Trader
Apr 12, 2019
You should trade demo account until you will understand that you have a clear understanging about how market works and will make at least +10% demo profit. Demo trading involves less mental pressure, so if you aren't able to win on demo account, then you won't be able to earn on the real one. Frankly, time you should spend depends on a lot of things and your own goals. I know peple that spent more than 6 months on demo before going live, but there were also people that spend 1 or 2 weeks and become a good trader. The main issue is not to perceive demo as a game, you should take it as a real trading and don't hesitate to make a lot of research to achieve higher profitability. Demo is not a game, it's your chance to learn trading for free, so you should understand this and take it with all seriousity :)

Momand

Trader
Oct 29, 2019
I think that trading on demo is a great way to train someone who has just come to the market and needs to understand how to act and what opportunities the platform offers. I can't tell you how much time it will take to get used to it and feel confident to work with real money. This is individual. Among the things I have seen from my acquaintances, it can even take a few months. Experienced traders can thus simply try a new terminal, because everyone has its own peculiarities. Many traders use demo accounts to work out a new strategy and not to risk real money. I know one trader who trades on demo very risky and thus releases emotions to avoid emotional overload when trading on a real account and work according to all the rules. In any case, the demo is a good tool to learn and hone your skills. But I don't think it's worth using every day when you work in the real market.