How Do You Split Your Time Between Technical and Fundamental Analysis?

NarritiveFx

Trader
Dec 9, 2013
Hong Kong
How do you people spend your time on analysis of the markets? I've been told that you should spend 100% of your time on technical (and not include fundamental analysis at all), although I feel this should be done, if there is anyone out there who does that?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/111128153@N07/11309327516/

I was pointed in the direction of around 80:20 in favor of technical analysis to make trading decisions. Thoughts?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
It really depends on your trading strategy. I trade the charts, but I am aware of all the economic reports which are being released as it does influence prices and can explain certain spikes in price action.

NarritiveFx

Trader
Dec 9, 2013
Hong Kong
Thanks for your response, Rambo35, I generally shy away from trading around high-impact economic news - until the dust settles somewhat - but I nonetheless monitor the economic calendar and certainly take account of market sentiment when modifying my trading strategy, and tend to review data using this economic impact analyzer (from forexrazor).

David Train

Trader
Nov 13, 2013
I think that both of these analysis are very important. I can't do just technical analysis, because there can be published some economic data and all your technical analysis will break.